Just trust me this once

"You look good champ, and even Madhubala looks pretty today.." I looked up immediately hearing his voice and regretted immediately. cause oh boy!! what a fantastic view!! Manik look dapper in that red and black tux with white dress shirt and a black bow tie. His hair styled neatly as always and his eyes fixed on me and the intensity in those eyes made my heart miss a beat. Our eyes were locked for god knows how long when Navya nudge me to get my attention and I immediately looked down embarrassed, knowing very well about the smirk now present on his face..

"Wow Manik, I am slightly getting jealous of you now, She is so pretty. Mom if you can agree her to break off with Manik then I am ready to get married today itself with her.." And I winced at the flirtarious words. Don't know but someone talking about breaking off my engagement didn't settled well with me. I looked up to see a very handsome Man smiling at me with an elderly couple. "Hello I am Abhimanyu, Manik's best friend since childhood and these are my parents.." He stretched his hand and I first joined my hands in front of his parents and greet them while shaking hand with him. "Seriously Mr. Kapoor I feel jealous of you both, She is such a pretty girl.." Abhimanyu's Mother praised making me blush. I am sure I am same color as of my dress.

It took two hours for the beautician to get me ready for the event. I was nervous as hell about pulling off my dress while Mukti and Navya were trying their best to comfort me. I haven't wore something like that before, the dress was quite modest though but it was an off shoulder dress revealing my shoulder blades and a bit of my back. The unsettling feeling of my skin exposed was quite a lot to handle. And when the occasion is my own engagement that only means I would be the center of attraction. Some of Chachu's friends were there, cause our relatives were mostly in Bangalore and they were to join us in the wedding. "Well no doubt in there Mrs. Rathore, we really our lucky right Neyonika?" Mr. Kapoor looked at his wife for the confirmation and she just nodded her head with a tight lipped smile.

Everyone started chatting up with each other and I felt left out standing there alone. God these heels hurt, I just wanna take them off and sprawled on my bed to have a good night sleep. Janvi and Dhruv were still nowhere to be seen. Abhimanyu was now talking to Navya and Mukti and by the conversation I can make out he wasn't meeting Navya first time. Well quite understood. But the thing that piped my interest was flustered face of Mukti.. Yepp she was so nervous that only Navya and Abhi were making a conversation and she was just participating with a nod of her head. Like this is so weird cause the Mukti I know, is confident, smart and sexy but the girl standing right next to me was nowhere close. And then it hit me Mukti freaking Kapoor had a crush on his Brother's best friend. OH Holy heaven!!!

"Should we start the ceremony?" Cabir asked and Dida and Mr. Kapoor both gave a nod and he made his way towards the stage. "Good evening ladies and gentleman, thank you for gracing us with your presence to attend the engagement ceremony of my dear brother Manik Kapoor and Nandani Sharma.." And everyone gave claps at that. "May I request both of you to please join me on stage.." Manik immediately forwarded his hand in front me. while hesitating a bit I finally placed my hand in his that was captured by him immediately. Making tingles run inside my body. We slowly made our towards the stage and Manik took care that I don't trip on my own feet's. "Girls please bring the rings.." And both Mukti and Navya came up with rings excitedly.

" And both Mukti and Navya came up with rings excitedly