It wasn't just another day

(Nandani's attire for the day)

I checked one last time, whether I have everything in my bag or not. Wallet checked, tissues checked, lipstick checked, phone checked, passport size photographs checked, pens checked, safety pins checked, comb checked. pocket diary checked, sticky notes checked, markers checked. Okay I guess that would be enough. "Nandu, hurry up you will be late.." I heard Navya calling from downstairs and after taking a long breath, I finally went downstairs.

Madhuri - Nandu, come on do your breakfast quickly, then your Chachu will drop you.

Anil - Yeahh I will..

Nandani - It's fine, I will take an Auto. You will be late for your work.

Anil - It's okay your office comes in my way, so I can drop you in the morning, but in the evening you have to take the Auto cause I come late.

Nandani - Thank you Chachu.

I finished the breakfast quickly and stood up. My reporting time was 8:00 am and had to leave after 5:00 p.m. that was a relief. But sometimes, I have to work beyond that. Have to accompany my Boss Mr. Kapoor, everywhere he goes. That is out for client meetings lunch and even out of the city. Because it was Manik I am working with Chachi and Chachu were quiet chill about the nature of my Job. Saturday and Sunday were basically my fix off. But if there is some meeting that Manik is attending, I have to be there too. And above all I am getting a handsome salary. Yes 50k per month, that will be reviewed once I will complete my six months.

I received all this information last evening on my mail. I called Dida and she too was so happy. This salary was enough for me to survive in this city and fulfill Rishabh's needs. Even I could send some money to Dida. Rishabh's education was covered with the scholarship and Pappa's funds that he had saved for both Rishabh and I separately. I am grateful for that. Because of that money we both were never a burden on any one not even our Dida.

Anil - Nandu, where are you lost, we have reached

I looked outside the window and indeed we reached, my office. Even calling this place mine brought a smile on my face. "Sorry Chachu, I was just thinking about my first day. I hope everything goes well.." He smiled looking at me, "Don't worry everything will be okay, now Go all the best.." I came out of the car, today I am not going to feel low because of other employees, if Mr. Kapoor has chosen me than yes I am worth it. And I will prove this to all. With a head held high I entered inside and went straight to the Reception.

Nandani - Hey, I am Nandani, I have my joining today as a PA of Mr. Manik Kapoor

She again did a onceover and I shifted from one foot to another uncomfortably. 

Receptionist - Show me your offer letter.

I forwarded that too her, she took a look and then return it back. "You have brought the passport size photographs right and have you mailed all your relevant documents to the HR?" She asked again and I nodded my head in a yes. "Fine go to the third floor, find the HR departments and complete your joining facilities. Once you are done from their go directly to 20th floor, rest Janvi will explain you. Welcome to Kapoor's.." I again nodded my head and gave her a small smile which she obviously didn't return. I start moving towards lift but stop immediately when I heard her murmuring.