I am their Fucking Father

"Good Morning Mr. Kapoor .." I Forwarded him his earl grey tea while he was busy in having some serious discussion with Prerna. Prerna is a nice girl I like her, but I don't know why I don't like the way she behave around Manik. It's like she is trying really hard to woo him. But Manik being Manik hardly notice. "Ananya,Mr. Kapoor likes coffee, he don't drink tea.." And I looked confused at Manik. Wasn't he the one asking me to bring earl grey tea for him cause that the only thing he drink to function in the morning.

Before I could say anything Manik took the cup from my hand, "I asked for tea, I love tea. Thank you Ms. Ananya now please join us for the meeting.." I didn't miss the shocked expression on her face which she covered immediately. I don't know what is the problem of her but I hope it's not what it looks like. I mean I don't really care if she likes Manik or if Manik likes her back. Okay Ananya stop explaining yourself. Just calm the hell down..

I got engrossed in work. One thing that I really liked about Manik is that he is a dedicated businessman. When he is concentrating in his work, he is really dedicated to it. And I don't know since when I had this much interested in Business. I mean I don't really remember about my previous life, but the kind of work I am doing right now, the interest I am feeling. I guess maybe before this accident happened, maybe I was doing something like this only. Only Krishna ji knows that..

Prerna- wanna join me for lunch?

Ananya- yeah sure.

Prerna- there is a cafeteria nearby, they serve good food.. lets go there..

I quietly followed her forgetting my Phone on my table. I have been working here for a week now but this was the first time she asked me for lunch. Well this is the first time, she found me alone in the cabin. Cause mostly Manik will bring my kids and we four will eat together. It was weird to say the least, but somehow I feel happy to see my babies all happy and comfortable with him. God knows how he managed to woo them like that..  well, Manik was busy in a conference today and Arya wanted to have some quality time with the kids cause he has missed them a lot since last week. So today he was the one in charge. Leaving me to have food with her...

We settled down together, it was a decent place to eat, Prerna ordered food and we sat there quietly waiting for our order until she spoke up again.. "So Ananya, how you are liking it here?" She asked with a small smile which I returned immediately. "Its good, its nice.." She nodded at that, I could see her fidgeting in her seat.. I know she wanted to ask more, what I wonder.. "And How do you know Mr. Kapoor? Cause don't mind but the first time I saw you looked like you want to murder him but suddenly next day you join us as his assistant.. weird"

Weird is not the right word but insane is.. I knew this question was coming but I don't know how to answer that. How do I know Manik? He is just a stranger whom my kids met one day and suddenly he just barged in my life, forcing me to work for him.. well she doesn't need to know that.. "I met him through Aryaman, Aryaman Khurana is my best friend and Malhotra's new project partner I guess.. And that day I just had some misunderstanding and I over reacted that's it.." I tried to brush off the topic, I didn't want to talk about it and she took the hint I guess..

"Yeah it must be a misunderstanding cause as much as I know that guy, he is really a Good one.. I really respect him.." My curiosity of knowing more about him parked up and I took this opportunity to gather more and more information.. "How long have you known him?" I asked quietly eating my food. "I am working for him for more than two years now.. We are from Mumbai but due to this new site, his Father sent us here for some time.."

Knowing that Manik is here just for some time made me feel uneasy.. He didn't belong here, he will go one day this thought was unnerving.. "So who else is there in his family?" I asked casually and Prerna smiled.. "He have a big joint family, they all are lovable though. His parents, his younger Sister and husband who have a beautiful daughter and his younger brother and his charming wife.. They don't have kids.." wow quite a big family.. but wait she said younger sister and younger brother, so both of them are married but what about Manik?

"Mr. Kapoor is not married yet?.." I asked Prerna and a sympathetic look crossed her face.. "He lost his wife years ago in an accident.. He loved her a lot and even after so many years he is not ready to believe that she is no more.. He is not ready to move on and I feel bad for him..." And it felt like a huge rock fall on my chest.. He lost his wife, he is going through this much pain but still manage to walk around happily making my kids happy too.. How strong is this man?

************************************************************************************************************************************

Finally the meeting was finished and I came inside my cabin to find it empty.. Ananya was nowhere, I guess she went out for lunch.. I took out my cellphone to check if I missed any important call as it was silent from so long.. only to find few missed calls from Aryaman.. And I felt bit worried.. So I dialed his number which was immediately answered.. "Oh god Manik where are you And Ananya none of you are picking my call.."

Manik - I was in a meeting and my phone was silent.

Aryaman- Ananya is also not picking calls I have tried so many times..

And my eyes felt on her table, where her cellphone was lying down.. I guess she forget it here only.. But where is she? And wait why is Aryaman this panicked

Manik - She is not here but what's wrong?

Aryaman - it's Anvi, I have brought her to the hospital.

And my heart sank.. I knew which hospital he would have taken her so without a single word.. I picked my car keys and bolt out of the room.  Please Nandani's Krishna jii please let her be okay.. please my little baby should be okay..

I don't know how fast I drove to the hospital but within twenty minutes I was there.. I came rushing in asking for Doctor Soha, cause I know for sure they were with her.. I saw Aryaman and approached him immediately.. "What happen? where is she? Is she hurt?"

Aryaman - Hey hey calm down, she is fine now.. stable.. Manas is with her cheering her up..

Manik - Calm down? How do you expect me to calm down, I am worried sick.. did she fall down or something?

Before Aryaman could answer I hear her sweet voice, "Manik is that you?.." and a smile broke into my lips, she now recognize my voice too my little baby.. I immediately entered inside the room and their eyes lit up but mine turned down.. There she was lying on that bed, surrounded by too many machines which were connecting to her.. what the hell.. I looked at Aryaman who was looking sympathetic..

Manik - Hey my little chipmunk, you are okay?

Anvi - yesss, I am.. but I missed you and I am hungry..

Manik - I missed you too baby.. I will get something to eat for you okayy.. you rest here..

I kissed her forehead and then kissed Manas asking him to take care of her sister. I nodded at Aryaman who followed me outside the room.. "what's going on man? What it it?" I asked directly without beating around the bush..

"Ananya got severe injuries in that accident seven years ago, yess it was a miracle that she and her babies both were saved but not really.. her internal injuries affected one of the child and that is Anvi, she had a hole in her heart and it will be increasing until she is growing up... She gets admitted to hospital every three months cause of this condition, sometimes it just get worse..."

And I fall down on my knees, my daughter is suffering from so much pain and where was I? Enjoying my life? How is Nandani dealing with all this alone? Why I wasn't here, why why? "Hey , hey Man please  control yourself she Will be okay.. you have To be strong.." but I couldn't, I couldn't be strong anymore..

"How can I be calm man, how can I be calm, I am their fucking Father, I am their fucking Father, who has not been there for them.. I am their Fucking Father.."

"Daddy.." And I froze in my place, my eyes meeting with the two pairs of my lookalike..

************************************************************************************************************************************

I know I know everyone is mad, I won't give any excuses today.. just enjoy the update hope to see you gyz soon.. Happy reading❤️❤️