5

c h a p t e r  5 :
g r e e n p e a c e

'I d-don't know how.'

'I can help you, I want to help you' his worried eyes found mine 'but you have to let me in.'

I sigh. Looking down at my trembling hands.

if only it was that simple

'I don't think you can, dad.'

'I wanted to give you time, as much as you needed to heal and get a little better' he ignores my stare, looking at the window 'but you never did, you only got worse really.'

'So I made a decision.'

Still ignoring my burning stare.

'What decision ?'

Finally his eyes found mine again.

'Do you remember Greenpeace.'

My eyes widened.

'No' I started moving fruther away from him 'absolutely not.'

'I'm not giving you a choice, Angel.'

I look at him, my hearting beating faster and faster. He wouldn't, he couldn't. Right ?

'I'm not going dad' I said with a trembling voice 'please don't force me.'

'You're here already.'

He stands up from his chair, adjusting the tie and suit.

'Dad.'

My hands are trembling even more now. My gaze is blury, eyes filled with tears. I can bearly see him through the tears.

'No Angel listen to me, you have to try, this place will help you. There are many people like you suffering as well, you will make friends here, you will be able to heal here' he took a step towards me 'they will make you feel at home here, they will do what I have been trying to do for months now' he took my hand in his 'get back my little girl.'

I was a crying mess by now.

In the last year I have been betrayed, lied to, and traumatised but my dad sending me away like that, was the last drop, the one thing I did not expect.

I know I don't have a chance. The look in his eyes says it all. He wants me here. There was no fighting it. So as much as I want to rip his eyes out or run through that door, I didn't.

I turned to him, tears dry and eyes cold.

'Promise to visit me ?'

I tried forcing a smile, for the sake of my father. His eyes shot up to me, he was visibly taken back by my words.

'Always.'

'I'll try.'

'That is the only thing I ask of you Angel.'

'I know.'

'And don't forget' he took my hands in his looking up at the ceiling with curious eyes 'they're watching.'

I look up as well to the white ceiling above me. I hope they were.