12

c h a p t e r 1 2 :
s t u p i d    m i r r o r s

Lunch went by smoothly. No sign of Hayden whatsoever, I was thankful for that.

On the other hand, there was something else bothering me, and strangly it had nothing to do with a certain man with green eyes.

I had my second therapy session today. In a minute actually. I stood there, bearly standing on my legs, in front of the dark wood door. Moving my hand up to knock.

I wouldn't say my last session went horrible, it was just unexpected. This lady knew almost everything about my life, about the two most heartbreaking things that happened to me. I didn't know how to act. I wasn't used to opening up to people like that.

The door opened, a welcoming smell filled my nose. I quickly walked into miss Capaldi's office, greeting her.

Her curios eyes took me in.

'So dear' she began when I finally sat down 'it has been a week since you arrived, how has it been ?'

'It's been good' I play with my hands once again 'it has been great actually.'

'And why do you think it has been great? A certain person or thing that makes you like it here.'

'I would say my friends have an impact, Evy and Alyssa they have been with me all this time, explaing and showing me the fun sides of greenpeace.'

'That's good to hear' she writes down a few things, I try not to look at her papers 'have you felt any change, mentally? are your thoughts different or maybe your moods?'

I think about that for a second.

'I'm in a better mood yes, but my thoughts have not changed' I pause for a moment, thinking about what I am planning to say next.

'I still think about River all the time, every second of the day.'

'That's not necessarily bad' Ann says calmly 'it's normal that you think about him a lot, you loved him, it's just the pain of his death, try not to think about that, when you think about him, think about the good parts, the good memories and the fun times, let your mind see the happy side of him, not what happened to him.'

I nod. I could try. It doesn't hurt to try. I bearly thought about our happy memories together. It's awlays the same scene I see in front of me, his lifeless body on the ground.

'Maybe you could try to tell me something nice, a fun memory perhaps?'

'I-i don't think I'm ready to share that-'

'Of course, I understand' she smiles and somehow I smile as well 'so Alyssa and Evy right, could you tell me more about your new friends ?'

Alyssa's room was fully decorated with all types of plants and paintings. She liked painting, her desk was covered in different paints and filled with small things she was currently painting. Her room smelled like her, fresh paint and red bull.

'I need to look sexy tonight' Alyssa says, searching through a rack of clothes 'jeff will be there tonight.'

'Can you name one boy from the 10th that you haven't hooked up with ?' Evy said rolling her eyes.

'Uh duhh, Andre ?'

We all laughed at that. Andre was twelve years old.

'Not twelve year olds included!'