23. Help

Rudra was humming happily, while making coffee in the kitchen. His body language was shouting, how elated he was this morning.

Rishi was watching him from behind,  fingers in a tight fist, jaws clenched and his body was stiff with anger and frustration.
Frustration of feeling helpless.
Frustration of not being able to say the truth.
He hated this situation, this feeling of helplessness.

He was angry....
But on whom...???

Was he angry with Richa  ???

No  he can't find it in himself to be angry at her,  she was also the victim of cruel fate as himself.

But after what he saw last evening, he didn't know what to think right now,  he knows that Richa loves him and he trust her completely. There must be a reason behind this,  there should be a reason, a strong one.

But was he ready to face it....

Then was he angry at Rudra ???

No, he wasn't, because that man wasn't at fault either. This twist of fate was most cruel on him. In these last few weeks, which he spent with the said man very closely, he got to know him better. Rudra was really a nice person, who cared about everyone around him though he doesn't speak so much but he actions speak louder than words. He cares about Richa very much, he cares about Rishi too, he really treats him as his best friend, he trust every word he said to him, blindly. He is attentive about their needs and habits, he tried to adjust accordingly and do his best to not disturb them in any way.

So Who he was angry with  ???

Himself !!!!

Yes, he was angry with himself

He doesn't want to betray the Man who thinks of him as his best friend.

He doesn't want Richa, to pretend or act as THIS Rudra's wife.

But he doesn't know how....
How to tell the truth...
How to disclose his own identity....
How to claim his place as Rudra in society...

Will anyone trust him???

Will this man, who is Rudra now, trust him after listening that.

What will he do if he doesn't ??

" Hey Rishi Good morning man, when did you get back last night  ??  I was up till late waiting for you "

Rudra broke his line of thoughts and walked closer to him with a cup of coffee in his hands.

" But you were not in the room when I get back "

Rishi questioned back, voice clipped

" Oh... I was in Richa's room, she had a high fever last day, 103 degree, she was hardly conscious all day, I was so worried "

Rudra didn't notice Rishi's clipped Voice nor his irritated expression

"Whatttt...she was unconscious,  why didn't you tell me  ??"

Rishi asked with a raised voice

"You said you had a important meeting, I didn't want to disturb you and there were medicine for fever in medical box "

"You should have called me, we could have taken her to the hospital or I could have helped you tending to her"

"I know and I m sorry for that but I got a little selfish "

Rudra said with a sheepish grin

"What do you mean  ??"

Rishi was confused

"I don't know how to say this but Richa was different yesterday "

"Different  ???"

"Hmmmm,  you know, she is always very distant from me, avoiding me most of the time, never try to talk to me until its neccesery, never smiles at me and.... And she is so hesitant to touch me even accidentally "

"hunnnn.... "

Rishi just nodded

"She... She talked to me yesterday, thought she was in a haze of fever but... but she held my hand and smiled at ME, She called me Sona... She said that she is lucky to have me. and you know, even after she was asleep she was not ready to let me go. I slept there sitting by her side, I stayed in the same position all night but last night I slept most peacefully since I woke up from the Coma"

Rudra smiled happily, sharing his inner feelings with his best friend, unaware of the strom rushing inside the said friend.

Rishi doesn't know how to react
Rudra's words running in his ears
' She was in a haze of fever '
That's answers his confusion about Richa's holding his hands.
But it didn't help his heart or mind to calm down.
The Hope in Rudra's voice didn't go unnoticed by him.

"Rishi, first time after I woke up, I am hopeful about my future life, I know i didn't remember anything, still. But now i hope that we can have a life together, till yesterday I wasn't sure if Richa wanted to start a new life with me but yesterday, yesterday gave me a hope. I don't want to lose this chance. I don't want to lose Richa, I really love her "

Rudra said holding Rishi's shoulder

"I don't remember our past, how I met Richa or how I fell in love with her in the first place but I know that I am falling for her right now and I want her to fall in love with me, again. Please Rishi you have to help me, you have to help me get my Richa back, you have to help me to get my life back, please yaar, you are the only one I have now, you are the only one I can trust now, please Rishi..... "

Rudra pleaded with his eyes brimming with hopeful tears
He cluched his hands tightly and stare into his eyes

Rishi was frezzed on his spot.....
Unable to say anything......

How can he HELP him to get Richa....

She is not his

He wanted to shout that,
'Richs is MINE, dont you dare to even think about her'
But he was standing there speechless...

Squirming under the hopeful and pleading gaze of the Man, he wanted to hate so much but couldn't.