3. Hospital

Morning sunlight was coming through the window and shining on the sleeping face of Richa. She woke up and looked around her, surprised ! that it's already been a morning and Rudra wasn't home yet, he told her last night that he is on the way and will reach home by midnight, she fell asleep while reading a book and waiting for her husband.

She searched for her phone and dialed Rudra's number but his phone was switched off, she got worried and dialed the number again and again but the result was same.
Rudra never puts his phone on switch off mode and if his phone's battery was about to die, he would always inform her before hand about it and gave an alternate number to contact him in any case of emergency.

Richa's heart was beating fast and she was feeling uneasy, all types of insane thoughts were running in her mind. Suddenly her phone rang and she picked up without checking the caller ID in her haste,

"Hello ..Rudra.. where are you, why was your phone switched off, I was calling you repeatedly from last half an hour"

"Aheem... Mam  ??"

There was an Unknown voice on the other side of the call, Richa was startled and checked the caller ID, it was from an Unknown number.

" Who is speaking "

"Mam, are you Mrs Rudra Shekhar "

" Yes !! "

" Mam, there is a bad news for you "

Richa's heart was beating uncontrollably, she knew that something bad happened with Rudra.

"Mam, Mr Rudra Shekhar had an accident last night on the Hyderabad - Chennai highway "

Richa dropped her phone, shocked by the news, her mind was blank and she has stopped breathing for few seconds.

"Mam...? Hello...??  Mam...??? "

Richa came back to her senses after few seconds and picked up the phone again and she asked in a shaking Voice..

"How's he ??..."

"Mam, he was in very bad condition when he was brought here, please come to the hospital as soon as possible "

"Which hospital "  Richa asked

"Apollo hospital "

"I will be there in 40 minutes "

"Ok Mam"

Richa hung up the phone and change her clothes because she was still in her nightwear, after that she picked up her purse and phone and walked out of the house in a hurry.

She reached the hospital in 45 minutes, she was praying to god to save Rudra's life, every second in her mind, she entered the hospital with shaking legs and pounding heart.

Richa walked up to the reception and asked about Rudra, she was informed that he was in  "Intensive care unit" on the 4th floor of the hospital, she took the lift for 4th floor.  When she reached there, she asked about Rudra from a nurse walking by her side, that nurse took her to the doctor and informed him that Rudra's family has reached.

Doctor looked at Richa and asked her to follow him.

In doctor's cabin

"Dr. How's my husband "

Doctor was silent for a while.....

"Mam, Your husband met with a very serious accident and his condition is critical, he lost so much blood, he has multiple fractures, few broken ribs and a serious concussion"

Richa was stunned by hearing Rudra's condition, her palms were sweating and her heart was pounding hard, tears, in her eyes were about to fall but she hold them back and asked in a painful voice