28. Shattered

Richa woke up, when sunshine hit her face through the slightly open window. She groaned in pain, her head was throbbing, her whole body felt tired and stiff. She slowly regained her senses and felt someone's arm around her waist, hot breaths were tickling her nape.

She turned around abruptly and found Rudra laying behind her, a contended look adorning his face. Richa got shocked when she saw him sleeping with his arms around her.

Richa was frozen on her spot, her eyes widen with disbelief, her heart skipped a beat when she realized her condition, her closeness with Rudra.
The situation they were in.... In the  bed.

Suddenly Rudra's phone beeped on the bedside table. He stretched a little, disturbed by the sound. Richa got starteld by his movements, she doesn't want to face him right now, she is not ready to face the reality, so she lay down back, silenty, facing her back towards Rudra.

Rudra opened his eyes and the first thing his sleep hazed mind has registered was, Richa's presence besides him and his arms around her waist.

A beautiful smile crept over his face, his heart raced with her close proximity. He held his head up on his palm, his elbow on the pillow and watched her back, her shiny hairs sprawled on her shoulders. He raised his hand and raked his fingers through her silky soft hairs and leaned over to drop a loving kiss on the back of her head. His arm tightened around her Slim waist.
His heart filled with happiness and his lungs with her inviting smell.

His phone ringed loudly, disturbing his blissful moment of happiness. Rudra turned around reluctantly and picked up his phone

"Hello... "

"-------"

"Oh Rohan.... Yeah... Good morning...yeah... Yeah.. I am up already "

"--------"

"No.. No... Please don't call the cab, I will drop you to the Airport "

"--------"

"Definitely you are not bothering us.... No please I really want to do this please.... Just give me 5 min I will be ready in no time, I will wake up Richa now... "

"---------"

"yeah she is still asleep, I think it was more than enough for the ladies last night... I am sure she is going to have a very bad hangover when she woke up... "

Rudra said while rubbing her hair affectionately

"she will be upset if you guys leave without saying goodbye to her... "

Rudra said halting his hands movement

"Yeah it's quite late actually.... You have to leave in 5 min otherwise you will miss the flight "

"OK.... OK... I will tell her,  but please let me drop you to the Airport I will out in a few... Wait for me by the car...ok "

Rudra said and cut the call

He looked at Richa again and held her close, her back to his chest and sniff her hair lovingly, he kissed her temple softly and stood up from the bed. walking towards the bathroom, his face was shining with the happiest smile ever.

*********

Rishi climbed out from the cab and walked into the main gate, there he found Rudra walking out with Rashmi and Rohan.

Rudra perked up upon seeing Rishi

"Good morning Rishi... How was your meeting buddy...?? "

Rudra said giving him a one sided manly hug.

"Successful but tiring as expected "

Rishi replied in a tired voice

"Oh... Then go inside, get fresh and sleep for few hours I will be back after dropping them off at the Airport "

Rudra said pointing at Rashmi and Rohan.

He introduced them to Rishi, stating him as his best friend cum' brother.

Rishi greeted them as a stranger though he knows them well but didn't had any choice.

After Rudra left for the Airport with Rashmi and Rohan, Rishi walked in the house and went to his room straight, he was dead tired and wanted to freshen up first.

He dropped his bag on the couch inside the room and walked towards the bathroom, but paused on his steps,

'Rudra is not in the house that's means I can talk to Richa freely right now '

Rishi thought and walked out of the room to see Richa

He stepped inside her room and get shocked to see her crying on the bed.

She was covered in the blanket from head to toe. Sound of her sobs vibrating inside the room, her form shaking voilently under the covers.

Rishi was confused by watching her in this state. He got closer to the bed and sits down at the edge. He raised his hand and tapped on her back

"Richa.... Richaaaaa.....what happened Sona...why are you crying like that?? "

Richa flinched from his touch
But didn't get up nor looked at him

Rishi spoke again

"Richaaaaa...sona....did  you have a nightmare...?? "

Richa didn't reply this time too

Rishi got worried

He shook her to gain her attention

But Richa was still ignoring his presence

Rishi pulled the blanket away from her......
.
.
.
.
.

He backed up..... Away from the bed....
.
.
.
.
Jaws dropped with the shock
.
.
.
.

His eyes were glued to Richa's bare back.....
.
.
.
She was laying there, crying non stop

NAKED.....

"Richa...!!!???? "

Rishi couldn't say anything else

His eyes widened with horror

He looked around the room....

Clothes were scattered around the bed

Rudra's clothes

Tangeled with Richa's clothes

He remembered Rudra's brightly lit up face, when he wished him

'Good Morning'

The bounce in his steps

'I have to tell you a good news, when I will get back, wait for me '

Rudra's parting words were ringing in his ears

Suddenly Richa got down from the bed and raced towards the bathroom, holding the blanket around her naked body. 

The sounds of retching broke Rishi from his daze, he runs towards the bathroom and saw her leaning over the toilet bowl, emptying her stomach, voilently, heaving again and again.

He walk forward and rubbed her back

He helped her to get up and wash her mouth and face

Richa stood there, in front of the mirror

There eyes met through the mirror and Richa's eyes welled up, she turned around and hugged him tightly, Crying more loudly, her wails clenching his heart.

He wanted to ask her

How..???

Why..??

But his voice was not helping him

His hands were shaking around her

He was dreading to listen her words

Stating the truth......

Which is going to Shatter his word forever