4. How is it possible ??!!!

Richa entered the doctor's cabin but Doctor Vinod was not in there, she decided to wait for him.
It's been six months and Rudra has not woken up from his deep sleep, he is still in coma. Richa missed him so much, his eyes..... his smile..... his voice..... his warmth...... everything. his absence besides her is creating a hollow inside her heart, and day by day that hollow space is getting bigger and bigger and now it is ready to swallow up her whole existence.

Richa hated to be alone, and from past six months she is utterly alone without Rudra. She daily goes to the library for her job, then to her house to freshen up and then she spents most of her time with Rudra in his hospital room. She sits there besides his bed, hold his hand and looked at his face. She prayed to god for him to open his eyes soon and look at her, talk to her, she was dying to listen his voice again.

Doctor Vinod entered his cabin, Richa got up and greet him politely

"Good Morning Doctor "

"Good Morning Mrs Shekhar, how are you today "

"I m fine doctor, how's Rudra's condition ?? "

Doctor sat down on his chair and folded his hands on the table infront of him, he looked at Richa and said

"I m sorry Mam, but his condition is still the same, he is not improving, though he is stable and his injuries are healing very well "

"but doctor six months have gone by and he is still not waken up "

"Yes, but we can't say or do anything about it, some patient wakes up in few days, some in few months but sometimes patients take years to wake up and sometimes they never do!!
I hope he will wake up soon but as time goes by, chances are getting lower and lower."

Richa's eyes welled up by listening this, she lowered her head and tried to hold back her tears.

" I will never give up on him, he will come back to me, I know"

She said in a determined tone and got up from the chair, bid goodbye to the doctor and walked out of his cabin. She was thinking about Rudra's promise to never leave her alone and she knows that he will never break his promise. He will be back, soon very soon.....

In Hospital Room

Rudra was confused.....

why the doctor called him Rishi ??

he looked at the doctor with squinted eyes, but decided to ignore it he was worried about his wife so he tried to talk again in his weak voice

"Dr My Wife must be here, did not you guys inform her about the accident, her name and number is on my insurance card's emergency contact list. "

Doctor stare at him with confusion and said

"Mr Rishi, I think your memories are effected by the accident, I think you should rest for sometime, then we will talk again about this matter, ok "

Rudra got impatient now, he wants to know about Richa immediately...

"No doctor, please call my wife, she must be going crazy with worry because of my absence for this long, please call her immediately "

"Mr Rishi, how can we call your wife ?? when she has died already, in another car accident a year ago along with your child, don't you remember "

Rudra was stunned after listening what doctor has said,

'Richa has died, along with our child a year ago, how can it be possible, i was with her before the accident and according to doctor that was six months ago, she wasn't even pregnant at that time.'