11.Closeness

Rudra was staring at Richa's sleeping face, she was looking so beautiful n peaceful while sleeping, her head tilted to her left side, slightly leaned on the window of his car.

He offered her a ride back to her house after the dinner and she fell asleep on the way. They reached Richa's house 10 min ago but he didn't wanted to wake her up. It was so long for him to get a chance to look at her this closely. His fingers were itching to touch her face, to feel the warmth of her skin beneath his fingertips.
But he was restraining himself from doing that. he had to work very hard to be close to her as a friend, it took a month for her to acknowledge him as a friend. He didn't want to lose her trust.
He was trying his best right now to keep his hands to himself but his body was not listening to him, slowly his hand was raised to trace the outline of her beautiful face, from her temple to her chin,his fingertips barely touching her skin. he tucked a lose strand of her hair behind her ear.
Suddenly Richa's face scrunched up into a frown, she started shaking her head slowly, her fingers were clenched in a fist, so hard that her knuckles became white.
Rudra knew she was having a nightmare. Richa always have them whenever she was stressed and upset or lonely.
Now he has no other choice but to wake her up. He tried to call her name...... but she remained sleeping, restless.
He called her name again, louder this time but she didn't wake up.
He shook her shoulder slightly and called her name repeatedly.
Richa jerked awake from her nightmare, panting heavily and slightly shaking. She looked around her, to be aware of her surroundings.
Rudra called her name again, soflty..

"Richa.... Richaaaa...... please look at me"

He asked her to look at him, cupping her face in his palms. his thumb is tracing soothing circles on her cheek.

"It's ok Richa, it was just a nightmare. Don't worry I am here, you are not alone Sona, I m right here... Shhhh....."

Richa looked up into his eyes. she stopped shaking after a moment, she just kept looking into his eyes and....... suddenly she bend forward and...... threw her arms around his neck holdig him tightly. She started sobbing on his shoulder, uncontrollably.

Rudra was taken aback by her sudden closeness, his hands froze on his sides. Her painful sobs break his trance, hesitantly he closed his arms around her waist and held her tight, closer to his chest. He felt complete with having her back in his arms after so many months of emptiness in his heart.
Tears filled his eyes, as he stroked her back lovingly. he wanted to prolong the moment, the closeness but he knew Richa was going to regret it as soon as she will realize her actions.
And his thoughts were proved right when suddenly Richa's stiffend in his arms and backed away from his embrace, her eyes widened with disbelief. She put both of her hands on her mouth and started to sway her head back and forth saying sorry again and again.

Rudra was torn between his desire to engulfing her in his arms again or consoling her by maintaining a distance as a mare friend.

"It's ok Richa, there is no need to apologize, you were not fully awake from your nighmare"

" but I... I am.. I... I don't know..... "

"Richhhaaa..... I said it's OK, you didn't do anything wrong, we are friends....right, and friends can hug each other sometimes..... Okay... "

Richa didn't said anything, she just nodded her head.
Rudra ruffled her hair playfully and smiled assuringly.

"I should go now, it's late. Good night Rishi.... "

Richa said looking down, avoiding his eyes.

"Yes it is, Good night Richa... "

Richa got down from the car and walked towards her house without having even a glance back at Rishi.