graduation day and running away from home

Kathryn was going to graduate high school tomorrow and she was filled with a lot of sadness. All she could think about was the dreadful life ahead of her. Graduation wasn't the thing that was making her sad. What made her sad was knowing that she wouldn't be able to achieve her dreams. Her dream was to one day become a famous author and get married but her parents wanted her to be single forever and take over the wedding planning business.

The day before graduation was like torture. Kathryn was trying everything that she could to get out of going to the graduation. She wanted to get out of graduation because she knew that if she could get out of graduation, then she could leave her parents forever. She would make some new friends so that she wouldn't be celebrating the holidays alone. She would be celebrating with friends. That's when she had an idea. She was going to pretend to be sick so that she wouldn't have to go to -the graduation ceremony. She would just have to make herself look sick so that her parents would be in fear. She wasn't going to pretend to just have a common cold. She was going to pretend to be so sick that she was on the brink of death. If she did this, then her parents would be in great fear.

Later,, Kathryn's parents came into her room to check and see how she was doing at getting ready for graduation. When they saw her lying in bed, they were in great fear. Her face and skin were pale and she was running a very high fever. Little did they know that she was pretending to be sick just so she could get out of graduation. She would also pack up everything and leave a week after graduation. Kathryn's mother knelt beside the bed and wept. Kathryn's father knelt beside her and pulled her into his arms.

"Our daughter is deathly ill." Kathryn's mother said, what are we going to do? It is the day of graduation and we need to take our daughter to the hospital. We cannot lose her. The diploma will have to be mailed to Kathryn since we can't go to the ceremony. Now I'm going to call  an ambulance so that Kathryn can get the help she needs. I hope that the people at the hospital can save her life. I can't even imagine losing her."

An ambulance arrived at the house right away and Kathryn was scared. She had never been in an ambulance before and now she wanted to go home and lay in her bed. Her mother and father sat beside her and held her hand. Her mother kissed her on the forehead and stroked her hair.

Soon, the ambulance arrived at the hospital. Kathryn was put in a room and she was safe. She pretended to caugh and the fever that she had was actually real but the only reason it was real was because she had layers upon layers of blankets on her in the middle of May. Her parents didn't know that she was pretending to be sick. All they knew was that they were heartbroken knowing that she wasn't going to be able to enjoy the graduation ceremony with her friends. They were also worried that she wasn't going to be well enough to run the wedding planning business.

Kathryn's mother wept and wept as the doctors came into the room. The fear was growing intense. Soon, Kathryn's family came to visit her. They were all so worried about her. For they worried that they might lose her. Family came and visited her and when they saw that she was dying, they all gathered around the bedside and they all began to cry. Kathryn's mother knelt beside the bed and held her hand.

"Please don't leave us." Kathryn's mother said, your father and I love you so much and we don't want to lose you. We have had so many wonderful memories with you and we want to make more with you. If you don't run the wedding business, then all will be lost."

Later when Kathryn's parents left the hospital, Kathryn woke up and waited until the coast was clear. When it was all dark and quiet, Kathryn got up out of bed and went back home. She was glad that her parents weren't home yet. They had gone to the store to buy something for supper and then they would come back to the hospital to visit Kathryn. Thankfully Kathryn had saved up all of her money. Ever since she was in 1st grade, she had been saving up every bit of her money even the money that she had gotten from the tooth fairy was being saved up for the trip that she had planned.