The violent earthquakes

At 9PM, it was time to go home. Alexis was ready to go home and rest. She had so much fun with the babysitter. Kathryn had asked her if she could come again every time she needed a babysitter for Alexis.

After arriving back home, it was time to get settled in. Kathryn wouldn't be having any more book sales for at least 6 months. She had gotten that time off and the publisher would also have time to get her books ready for publication. After arriving back home, Kathryn had sent in 3 books in for her publisher to look at.

The next day, Kathryn went outside to check her mail and she saw her weekly paychecks. She hadn't been home in 8 weeks and now she was even more rich than she had ever been before. It was time for her to put these checks in her bank account. She had never imagined that she would ever have so much money even while being cone. She grabbed 400 dollars for the month so she could save up some of the money for a new house later on down the road.

The organist helped Kathryn unpack and get settled in. She was glad that she was able to be there for Kathryn in tough times. It meant a lot to her knowing that she could be there for her even in the toughest of times. Little did she know that there was going to be an earthquake. A few hours later, everything was unpacked.

Kathryn went to the ice cream parlor and she bought two gallons of mint ice cream. There was enough ice cream for the next few weeks. The organist settled in with Alexis and read to her. She was happy to comfort her. She didn't like to see her so upset and overwhelmed.

"I wouldn't dream of leaving you." Alexis said, I am always here for you and nothing means more to me than being with you. I will be with you even in the toughest of times. Nothing will ever stop me from loving you. I am glad that you are here to make my childhood extra special. I want us to be together and to continue making wonderful memories."

For the next few days, everything went smoothly. Kathryn had more and more time to herself now that she didn't have book sales anymore. When she got her books published, she would get weekly paychecks. She had already gotten 8 weeks worth of paychecks and then as time went on, the paychecks kept coming.

As Alexis and the organist sat together in the living room, the house started shaking. That's when the fear crept in. The organist held Alexis in her arms as fear built up inside of her. It was time to escape the house. Everyone was out of the house within  minutes. Kathryn had grabbed the writing equipment and she was happy knowing that her friends were safe. She couldn't imagine losing anyone.

The ground continued shaking and a little while later, the house had fallen to the ground. Thankfully Kathryn had grabbed all of the money. Now it was time for the long journey to find a new home.