Chapter 22 - Fuck Words

Chapter 22 - "Fuck Words"

"Get up," Chris says, throwing pillows at me.

"It's Wednesday morning and I don't have to get up for another hour. Let a girl sleep," I whine.

"It's Valentine's Day and you're my valentine. Now get up, put on something casual so we can leave," he says, throwing another pillow at my head.

I grumble and sit up. I look to see Chris in ripped jeans and a black and red graphic shirt. "Flowers would've been nice," I mumble getting out of bed heading to my wardrobe. As I pick out clothes I start realizing what's happening.

"Wait what," I question looking at Chris.

"Get dressed. It's gonna be hot today," he says leaving the room.

He said casual right? I pull out a red tube top, black shorts and an oversized denim jacket. I know basic, but it's way too early to come up with something.

I get up and grab my shower bag and walk out in the hall. I look around before heading to the washroom. Seems like Chris disappeared. After washing my face and applying concealer, pink lipgloss, mascara and a dark pink eyeshadow since it's Valentine's Day why not.

After showering and putting on my clothes I head back into my room. Chris is there sitting on my bed on his phone.

"Let's go," he says, grabbing my phone and keys.

"Where," I ask but he ignores me. I quickly grab the stuff I need and throw it in my white purse and throw on my Jordan 1's high bloodline shoes matching his. I grab my phone from him as we walk down the hall and check the time. 5:50AM.

"Why," I whine, showing him the time and he laughs. When we reach his car. His Camaro, we hop in. He reaches over the driver seat into the back seat to pull out a blanket and drapes it over me.

"We have to leave early to skip," he says, starting up the car.

"You can sleep. We have a long drive," he whispers, pulling out of the parking spot. Around five minutes of driving I finally drift off to sleep.

-

When I wake up it's 9am. Chris is nowhere to be found. But I see a sticky note on the window. It reads:

I don't know if your sleepy ass will be up but I got you food :) I'll be back by 9:30 if you're up by then. Eat Thunder..

I look around the car to spot a Tim Hortons bag on his seat. Must be breakfast. I open the bag to reveal a French Toast Maple Syrup Bagel, my absolute favourite and a hash brown and some orange juice. There's also an Ice Capp in the cup tray with a heart on it, for me I assume.

I spend the next 30 minutes eating in the car alone and scrolling through social media. It's addicting. I look out around to see we're in a parking lot of some apartment. I don't bother leaving the car if Chris is late he's late.

"Hey babe," he says hopping in the car kissing my forehead. When did this happen, I don't know.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he says pulling out a rose and candy behind his back.

"Happy Valentine's Day too," I say giving him a kiss on the cheek and taking the rose and candy from him. He knows I prefer candy over chocolate any day.

"Where are we going," I ask as he starts back up the car.

"Not telling you," he hums. I open up the packet of candy and stare out the window as we drive.

After about 20 minutes, songs on the radio and me singing quietly, we pull up to a huge amusement park. There's barely any people here.

"I know you don't like fancy dinners, movies, drive-ins and stuff like that so I thought you'd enjoy a Fair," he smiles.