Chapter 31 - Pop Goes The Weasel

Chapter 31 - Pop Goes the Weasel

"Let me come with you," Chris pleads.

"Chris I told you I'll be fine. It's not like I'm gonna be alone with him," I reassure him.

"Okay but if he does anything I'll k-"

"You aren't gonna kill him. It'll be fine," I say walking into the library.

Today is practice for Grade 9 Day. Adam and I are partners if you don't recall. As we arrived I sat next to Adam but ignored him.

"Come on Storm. Please talk to me. I miss you," he whispers.

"No, I told you no a thousand times. You never change and never will. I moved on," I whisper-shout back.

"With Walker boy, you know you can't," he smirks.

"Can't what, I'm almost 18 I can do what I want. The last name Walker isn't gonna stop me," I shoot back.

"Yeah but your family might," he says leaning back into his chair.

"What family, I'm not even a Campbell," I spit.

"What are you talking about? Your dad is John Campbell," he questions.

"Not my biological dad turns out. I should probably look into getting my last name changed," I think out loud.

"Huh, good to know," Adam says.

We got out schedules for tomorrow. Basically simple rounds, show the cafeteria, library, pool, gym, etc to the incoming students. Except we have to explain it a million times since we're doing it in groups of 15 people. There's about 130 students coming tomorrow so that makes around 9 rounds probably. Not to mention it's gonna take all day.

"Storm," Adam calls before I leave the library.

"Look I know I've been a shitty person and boyfriend to you but I truly am sorry. Just tomorrow forget about all of it and try to have fun I guess. It's gonna be a long day and I'm sure you don't want to feel miserable," he says before walking away.

Is he really sorry? It actually sounded genuine this time. He's also right, I am really the only person making myself miserable. Tomorrow I relax, forget he's an ex and just try and enjoy myself.

"What did he want," Chris scares the crap out of me.

"Nothing, English class," I dismiss his question and walk away as he follows.

-

"Where's Nick," I question. I haven't seen him in math and he's not here at lunch.

"Oh um, it's his parents death anniversary. So he usually doesn't do anything except stay in his room all day," JJ answers.

"Oh," I smile sadly. I've been needing to ask Adam a question about the tour guides situation for tomorrow. We get to pick our own route of where we want to show first to last.

"Adam," I shout, getting up and walking over to his table.

"Thunderstorm, what a surprise doll," he smiles.

"Are we supposed to wear uniforms tomorrow," I ask him.

"No, Sanders wants casual to make it seem more friendly then a prison," he casually answers.

"Okay. When do you want to plan out which way we go," I question.

"I'll text you. If you unblock me," he smiles.

"Okay," I breathe out walking back over to my table. I pick up my phone and go to unblock him.

"What're you doing," Chris asks.