Chapter Thirteen

I need y'all to read this.

I just want to say that I get a lot of comments saying like the "mature" rating isn't a great rating for this book because there's no risqué scenes. People, just because my book hasn't had any scenes like that yet doesn't mean it's not mature? Think back on the things I've covered: Serena's kidnapping, the rape scene that Ash dreamt about, Ash's thoughts and feelings about certain things, Tierno's OBVIOUS sexual assault of Serena? Ash's thoughts towards the bad guys in this book, and my entire series, are psychologically disturbing to say the least. The way Tierno thinks about Serena and how she belongs to him and he deserves her and all that aren't necessarily psychologically normal? Do you really want children reading about that stuff? I can't stop them from reading it, but I can at least warn them.

I literally am trying my absolute hardest to detail these characters and how they would react, how any normal real life person would react when put under extreme stress and just these terrible things that happened to all of them. That shit leaves a fricken stain on your soul. I am not speaking from experience, so if I am assuming too much please tell me, but I feel like the sorts of things I'm putting these characters through is telling a real story about how, if Ash was a real person, he would react to anything that happened in the series, as well as anyone else.

No one could ever go through some of the things Ash had to do at 10 (!) years old in the whole Pokémon series and not be affected by it. Literally from the beginning of Pokémon Legacy I said that the events in the series up to the point of the last episode of Kalos still happened. It's just 7 years later. So PLEASE stop with the comments about maturity ratings just because there's no sex. As a writer it is my job to break my characters down, sometimes repeatedly, and give them that chance to power through the adversity and come out stronger as a person. It's frustrating to read these comments (yes I read most, if not all, of them) and see people saying things like that.

Also, y'all, just be PATIENT geez.

Thanks for reading that! And I truly am so happy that I have so many readers and that I keep gaining new ones every day. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!
*************************************************

"How are you feeling?" Naomi asked Ash a few days later. They had finally left the mountain and were on Route 206 heading down towards Oreburgh. Once the gang got to the city, Bonnie, Luca, and Korrina would be taking a flight back to Kalos.

"I'm a lot better." Ash was walking easily now, with not as much pain as before. His entire body was still throbbing, but it was dull. Pikachu was back to riding on his shoulders.

"So the question here is do we go up to Snowpoint once we hit Eterna City?" Gary asked, kicking a rock off the path into the bushes lining the way.

"Under normal circumstances I would say yes, but I think we need to see this tournament through. The finals take place in Snowpoint. I think we can go back across the mountain first and get all of those stamps. I also am nowhere near ready to deal with Giovanni."

"You're literally saying we have to cross that damn mountain again?" Gary asked.

"We could just take the train back to Hearthome after we hit Canalave City's Battle Hall," Clemont said. "It's only about a day to get to the train station in Jubilife from there." Serena nodded.

"And the Eterna City Showcase is before Floaroma Town, so we could just make a loop." Serena added, looking at her guide.

"Sounds like the plan then." Ash said, finalizing it.

~~

Towards nightfall they were just walking into Oreburgh. "Let's go find a center, I'm exhausted." Korrina said, smiling. The gang nodded and picked their way through the mining town, looking for the Pokémon Center.