Chapter Seventeen

Warning: steamy scene ahead. Read at your own discretion.

A couple more days passed and the gang was finally in Eterna City. Ash led the way to the Pokémon Center, turning over a few ideas in his head.

"I'll be right back," Ash murmured, walking towards the back of the center lobby. The
gang shrugged and went to sit down while Serena and Naomi brought all the Pokémon to Nurse Joy.

"Pikachu, do you remember Jessie and James' number? I think I do, but I could be wrong," Ash muttered to the small yellow mouse Pokémon. Pikachu chittered, but didn't answer. Thankfully. Ash was only talking aloud to Pikachu to work through his own thoughts, if he started talking to him, that wouldn't have been great.

Ash grabbed the phone and typed the number in, hoping he remembered it correctly. A few seconds and Jessie popped up on the screen.

"Jessie," Ash said in greeting. James was in the background with their daughter, Jana. Ash could also hear Meowth somewhere off screen yelling at Jessie's Gourgeist.

"Twerp," Jessie replied. "To what do we owe this honor?"

"Twerp?" James called, he came to the screen. Meowth showed up a moment later. "What do you want?" James asked, eyebrows narrowed.

"I have a question for you,"

"If this is about Team Rocket, we're not in the game anymore, I have no idea of their whereabouts, or what they're up to."

"See, that's what you said last time we asked, but you guys so helpfully led my friends and I right to their hideout."

"It slipped my mind previously," Jessie replied, eyes glinting.

"I'm sure it did. All I need is a location." Ash pleaded. "Please, I need to stop Giovanni, this can't go on."

"I thought you stopped him last year," Meowth said, crossing his arms.

"I thought we did too," Ash murmured, glancing down. "Didn't you hear about Oak's lab?"

"We did," James started. "We also heard about a certain wedding being ruined."

"What's it to you?" Ash asked, voice hard.

"Just observations," James replied. "I assume you're in Sinnoh?" Ash inclined his head. "The Aspera Mountains,"

"Aspera," Ash replied, going back to the conversations he had with Clemont and the others.

"We don't know an exact location, but there was a base there years ago when we were still a part of Team Rocket, if it's still functional, they'll probably be there."

"Thank you," Ash replied. Jessie nodded and hung up. Ash squeezed his eyes shut and fisted them, rubbing. His eyes burned, he was so tired, and not sleeping well. A soft, slender hand landed on his shoulder. Ash turned his head and saw Serena smiling at him softly.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I called Jessie and James, they said if the base was still functional, there was one in the Asperas."

"What are the odds?" Serena sighed, removing her hand and wrapping her arms around him from behind. Her head landed on his shoulder and she nuzzled into his neck.

"I know," Ash murmured. She pressed a soft kiss to his neck and pulled away.

"Come on, let's go eat." Ash nodded and followed her to their table.

"Where were you guys?" Gary asked with a shit eating grin.

"Lose the creeper vibes Gare-Bear," Ash smirked. "I was talking to Jessie and James about this..." Ash glanced around. "...problem."