Chapter Three

Note: I don't ever do these at the beginning, but I've got news. So, I have decided not to make a new region, one of my readers brought up that if I tried that, I may lose sight of the story, which is a great point. So I'm sticking with an existing region. Also, only a few people have sent me ideas for a new pokemon, and to thank them I will be using them. The region though will have a huge twist. Stay tuned

*************************************************

Ash and his friends landed in Kalos a week later, their vacation only being a short one. Ash had demands of his duties as Champions, and Serena's titles also kept her busy.

The reports of the strange events happening in Sinnoh had kept appearing in the news, causing Ash some concern. He had been talking about going back through the region to check on these disturbances, but he didn't have a solid reason to start traveling again. He wouldn't even know where to begin.

He was sitting down at the kitchen table eating breakfast when Serena called him to the living room.

"What's up?" He asked.

"They're doing a Champion's League Tournament. Look at this."

"The Champion's League will be open to any trainers from any of the regions who have competed in a Region-specific League. Held in the beautiful city of Hearthome, this league will be tournament style battles. However, since there are so many people who are eligible, before the tournament starts, the preliminary rounds will be held. This is a series of 8 battles you must have in each of the 8 major cities—kind of like gym battles. But trainers, be warned, these aren't just any gym leaders, their Pokémon are crazy strong. So, enter if you dare."

The news report cut to commercial, and Ash could barely contain his excitement. Nothing like the thrill of another challenge for him to get pumped up.

"Serena, let's go!" Ash exclaimed turning to her. "It'll give us a chance to travel again, while at the same time investigating the weird shit going down in Sinnoh." Serena smiled and laughed softly.

"Of course we can go." Ash's eyes lit up and he pumped his fist. Over the last year, she had gotten him back to his old self—the happy go lucky kid who loved Pokémon. Only he now has shorter temper, is slightly scarier, and has more responsibility than ever.

"I'm gonna go talk to Gary and Naomi!" Ash exclaimed, running out the door. Pikachu chases after him happily, jumping on his shoulder at the last second.

~

Later that night, Ash, Serena, Clemont, Gary, Bonnie, Korrina, Naomi, and Luca were all packing up their things to go on another adventure. Luca and Bonnie decided that, while Gary and Ash were participating in the Preliminaries, they would challenge the regular gyms. Korrina, Serena, and Naomi had plans to compete in the newly Sinnoh Pokémon Performances as well.

"Dude, I'm so excited." Ash exclaimed to Gary.

"Totally. My Pokémon are psyched to battle again, and it looks like Pikachu is raring to go." Pikachu let off sparks from his cheeks, a determined look in his eyes.

"Who are you taking with you?" Ash asked curiously.

"Blastoise, Umbreon, Aerodactyl, Electivire, Arcanine, and Scizor." Gary replied. Ash chuckled. That was his go-to team.

"Who are you taking?" Gary asked.

"Pikachu, Vulpix, Lucario, Infernape, Sceptile, and Greninja."

"You're going to take the Vulpix you caught in Alola?" Gary asked. He was a little surprised that Ash didn't go for one of his other powerful Pokémon instead.