Chapter Seven

Giovanni walked into the lab, Persian at his side. Looking around the room, his scientists were doing certain projects, and in the back of the room were three huge containment units imprisoning Mewtwo, Giratina, and Yveltal. The capsules were filled with some strange liquid that Xerosic had created that subdued Pokémon and put them in a trancelike state, slowing their heart rates and suppressing their powers.

"Xerosic," He said, walking over to the Team Flare scientist.

"Yes Giovanni?" Xerosic asked, turning away from his computer.

"Have you located them yet?" He asked.

"I'm close Giovanni. So close." Xerosic smiles crazily. "Aliana, Bryony, Celosia, and Mable are out there right now."

"Excellent. Keep me updated."

~~~

That morning, the gang was seated around a table in the Pokemon center cafe. Ash was scratching Pikachu mindlessly while biting his toast, listening to the conversation going on between Serena and Korrina.

"Did you see that they built a new shopping center in Hearthome?" Korrina asked. "And they have a Showcase happening there in a week."

"That would be awesome to see. And I wouldn't mind performing there either." Serena said. Korrina nodded.

"I don't know if I'd want to continue competing in the showcases." Korrina said. "I had a lot of fun in the last one, but I didn't feel like myself."

"It's not for everyone." Serena smiled. "Naomi what about you?"

"Yes I had so much fun up there. I want to continue, and maybe you can help me out." Serena smiled and nodded.

"Of course I will. There's so many showcases, so it doesn't matter who wins each one, I know we'll both make it to the Master Class." Serena said, smiling.

"Where to next?" Clemont asked the group a little while later.

"Hearthome." Ash said immediately. "There's a showcase there in a week, and Fantina is an excellent gym leader."

"Sounds good." Gary said, smirking. "Naomi, you better beat Serena this time." Naomi glanced at Serena and smiled determinedly.

"I will." Naomi said, clenching her fist.

"Challenge accepted." Serena smiled and laughed.

"Shall we get moving then?" Clemont asked. The gang nodded and they left the Center.

~~

A few hours later, the 8 of them were traveling on route 215 and were ready to stop for lunch. While Clemont and Korrina cooked, the rest of the gang practiced what they could. Bonnie, Luca, Gary, and Ash were training for battles while Naomi and Serena trained for the Showcase. Little did they know, they were being watched.

Through the bushes, he caught his breath. There she was, practicing her performances. He could just step out and grab her, spiriting her away to a romantic island where he could convince her he's right for her.

But no, Naomi was there too, and Ash wasn't far off. They would see him, he's hard to miss. Maybe in the night? Tierno decided he'd follow them for a while. His Poketch started vibrating incessantly, causing Tierno to look down. It was Giovanni. Tierno backed away into the forest where he could still watch the group of trainers, but they couldn't hear them.

"Tierno, where are you?" Came Giovanni's dangerous voice from the hologram.

"Route 215. Interestingly, I have come across Ash and the others. Orders?" He wanted to spirit Serena away, but Giovanni promised him he'd get his chance, as long as he did everything he was told.