Chapter Eight

Ash and the rest of the gang finally reached Hearthome after a few days of traveling. Ash was still worried about Serena because of what happened a few days ago, but he was focusing on the next battle. He and Gary would challenge the Champion's League battle hall, then Serena had a performance. Naomi wanted to work on hers more before she tried again.

"Korrina, have you decided whether or not you're going to continue entering showcase?" Serena asked curiously. Korrina smiled and shook her head.

"I had a lot of fun when I was up there, but it wasn't really my style. I think I'm going to just be here with Clemont and the rest of you and enjoy traveling. I've never been to Sinnoh, I think I'd prefer to just enjoy it." Korrina replied. Clemont grinned and threw and arm around her.

"Whatever you want to do I support you fully." He said, pecking her cheek. Korrina smiled at him, happy he said that.

"Ash, what kind of Pokémon do Fantina have?" Bonnie asked. Luca looked over, curious as well.

"Ghost types." Ash replied. Bonnie and Luca sucked in a breath. They turned to each other and started talking rapidly, trying to figure out what they want to do.

"I'm curious about the Battle Master and what they use." Gary muttered. Ash nodded, agreeing.

"You guys will be amazing." Serena said, tilting her head and giving a brilliant smile. Ash staggered a bit. That smile still made him weak in the knees and feel like he was on top of the world.

"Yeah I totally agree with Serena!" Naomi said shooting a grin at Gary. Gary seemed similarly affected. "You guys will win no matter what."

"Thanks girls." Ash said, Gary nodding next to him.

"Oh my Arceus! It's Ash Ketchum!" A high pitched voice screamed. Ash winced as he turned towards the voice, clapping eyes on a girl about his age with blonde hair and purple eyes, standing with another girl who had black hair and red eyes. Another small group of girls heard the blonde scream and ran over closely following the first two girls.

"Shall we wait?" Gary snickered. Ash rolled his eyes and made a waving motion with his hands.

"Just go, it's fine." He steeled himself for a bombardment of questions and pictures. Serena stood off to the side, making it her mission to wait for him. Some of those girls were kinda pretty, and she might be a little jealous.

"Oh my Arceus!" The group of 7 girls clustered in front of him, blinking and smiling and squealing. Ash smiled back at them, allowing them to get photos with him and answered some questions.

"Ash, Pikachu is so cute!" One of the girls exclaimed, her eyes locking on his partner hanging off of his shoulder. Pikachu twitched his nose and jumped onto Ash's head, inspecting the group in front of him.

"Can we pet him?" Someone asked.

"Pikachu?" He asked. Pikachu jumped to the ground, letting the girls gather around him. They started scratching him all over, causing the electric mouse's eyes to roll back in pleasure, making long sighing noises.

It went on for a few more minutes, and then the girls excused themselves, catching sight of Serena standing off to the side. A couple of them recognized her and walked over, asking for some pictures.

Once everyone left, Ash let out a sigh, opening his arms for Pikachu to jump into. Serena giggled and walked over, scratching him on the head. Pikachu's cheeks sparked with pleasure.

"That's never going to get easier." He said to Serena as they struck out for the Pokémon center to rendezvous with their friends. "It's weird having strangers recognize me or you."