Chapter Two

Ash couldn't sleep that night. Not even sleeping in the bed with Serena could help him. What he saw disturbed him, all the dead bodies of Pokémon, the usually green grass painted red with their blood. It was terrible. Pikachu sensed that his trainer was distressed and nuzzled his head, licking his cheek. Ash smiled and scratched the small yellow Pokémon to thank him. Pikachu yawned tiredly and fell back asleep.

"Ash?" Serena's quiet voice broke the silence of the night.

"Hey, did I wake you up?"

"No I've been awake." She said. Serena turned to face him. "I can't get the professor's lab out of my head."

"Me neither." Ash replied. "It's horrible." They were silent for a little while, until Serena spoke again.

"I feel awful for even saying this right now, but we didn't even get to get married."

"I know. By the way, you look good in white." Ash said, trying to brighten the mood, in light of what happened earlier. Serena's cheeks turned a delicate shade of pink.

"It doesn't matter now, but where were we going for our honeymoon?" Ash sighed and grinned.

"I was gonna take you to the Alola region." Ash replied softly. "We were gonna spend a few weeks in the tropics on the beach."

"That sounds amazing." Serena muttered, smiling.

"Yeah, except Gary, Naomi, Clemont, Korrina, Bonnie, and Luca were going to come too." Ash chuckled.

"It still sounds amazing. We could've explored the islands."

"You know what?"

"Hmm?"

"We're still going to Alola. It'll help us take our minds off things at least." Ash said. Serena looked into his brown eyes and smiled, her cerulean orbs sparkling.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm. We'll leave tomorrow." Serena grinned and kissed Ash's lips chastely.

"I can't wait." She whispered, closing her eyes.

~~~

About 18 hours later, Ash, Serena, and the rest of the gang were getting off of Ash's jet, welcoming the warm heat and soft breeze of Alola.

"Welcome to Melemele Island!" A guy with a lab coat and shorts exclaimed happily as the group of 7 waked towards the terminal. A darker, longer-haired version of Professor Oak was standing next to him.

"Thank you." Ash said, leading the group.

"Alola!" The darker Oak exclaimed, moving his hands in a half circle.

"Alola?" Serena asked.

"That's what we say here in the Alola Region to say hello and goodbye." Lab Coat replied. "I'm professor Kukui by the way, and this is Rockruff." A brown dog like Pokémon jumped out and barked, wagging it's fluffy white tail.

"Oh wow, I've never seen that type of Pokémon before!" Ash exclaimed, crouching down to pet it. The Pokémon rubbed the rocks around it's neck on Ash's hand, barking happily as it did so.

"Professor Kukui, what other kinds of Pokémon are there here?" Naomi asked, interested.

"All kinds. Too many to name." Kukui laughed. "Come on, let's go to my lab." The group followed Kukui through the city he said was named Hau'oli City and down to a lab.

"I have a few Pokémon that you've probably seen before, and some you haven't seen."

"Oh wow!" Serena exclaimed. They walked into the building, and the first thing she saw was the tank in the corner. There was a crab looking thing sitting at the bottom of the tank, as well as Alomomola and Corsola, and even a Milotic.