Chapter Four

The next morning, the gang dressed and met for breakfast, planning on heading to the Veilstone City Pokemon Gym that day for Bonnie and Luca. Tomorrow is the Pokémon contest, and the day after that the preliminary battles are open for business.

"Luca, do you know who you're gonna use today?" Bonnie asked curiously.

"Sort of. The Veilstone Gym Leader is Maylene and she deals with fighting types, so I'll probably use Jolteon, Chestnaught, and Staraptor." He replied. Bonnie considered that for a moment and smiled. He was really amazing.

"I'm gonna go with Delphox, Drakeon, and Florges."

"That's a solid lineup, both of you." Ash complimented. "Maylene is really tough, but I think you two can handle it." Ash winked, causing the younger trainers to smile.

"Ash?" Ash heard a familiar voice. He turned sharply, wondering.

"Dawn?" Ash exclaimed. "Hi!" He noticed the wedding band on her finger. "Ah, so you and Kenny, huh?" Dawn smiled and nodded.

"Hey guys." Dawn said, greeting the rest of the gang. Serena bristled slightly, but ignored it. Dawn had come to their wedding, and her and Ash's friendship meant a lot to Ash. And, evidently she found someone else, so Serena and Ash's relationship was no longer in danger.

"Hey Dawn." Gary said, smiling. "I see you and Kenny got a little busy." He said impishly, nodding to the slight bulge of Dawn's stomach.

"Gary!" Naomi exclaimed, embarrassed. Her boyfriend can be so direct and inappropriate sometimes. Gary just chuckled and brushed off her scolding.

"Yeah," Dawn replied. Her hands drifted to her stomach where she cradled it. Kenny had helped her return to how she used to be, and Dawn loved him for it. She had really grown up in the last year.

"Congratulations." Clemont said politely, with a smile. Korrina echoed his well-wishes, even going to give Dawn a hug.

"Sit down with us." Ash offered, scooting closer to Serena to make room.

"Oh no that's okay. Kenny will be here in a few seconds, we have to meet Professor Rowan." Dawn said, smiling. "He's going to let us take over his lab once he retires, so we're learning the ropes."

"Oh wow, double congrats Dawn. I'm proud of you." Ash said with a smile. Dawn returned the smile, delighted that the once familiar flutter she used to feel had disappeared completely.

"Thanks Ash. I actually came over to apologize about what happened at your wedding. It was just awful."

"Yeah." Ash's face turned stony. Serena really wished Dawn hadn't brought that up. Every time it's mentioned, Ash turns scary.

"I want to help you figure out who did that." Dawn said, her eyes turning hard. "That's literally the most vile thing anyone could ever do."

Damn, she knows him well. Serena thought to herself. Even though Dawn wasn't a threat anymore, she still was a tad jealous of how well Dawn knew Ash. Serena knew him the best, but Gary and Dawn are tied equally for knowing him the second best.

"Thanks Dawn. We'll keep in touch." Ash replied. Dawn nodded and said goodbye, going over to Kenny who had just appeared.

The appearance of Dawn suddenly reminded Serena of her old friends, and Tierno. "Has anyone seen Tierno?" She asked suddenly. "Since the last time?"

"No. No one. It's weird, it's like he dropped completely off the radar." Clemont muttered. "He literally disappeared."

After they ate, the gang made their way over to Maylene's Gym. "Luca, I'm so excited!" Bonnie exclaimed.