Chapter Eleven

The gang was on their way out of the city. Bonnie and Luca beat Fantina easily, winning their second badges. "Where to next?" Ash asked.

"How about Oreburgh City? And then we can head up towards Eterna City. Both Eterna City and Floaroma town have showcases coming up, so Naomi and I can compete." Serena suggested.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Clemont responded. Korrina nodded her head.

"We have to go through Mt. Coronet, don't we?" Gary asked. Ash nodded.

"That should be fun." Gary muttered. He hated mountains. They were a pain to get through. Especially Mt. Coronet, it's always freezing.

"Let's go," Ash and the others stepped on to route 208.

Around sunset, the gang was well on the route. They should come to Mt. Coronet tomorrow afternoon. "Let's set up here and I can start cooking," Clemont suggested. The gang agreed and started setting up camp. They pitched tents and grabbed firewood for Clemont.

"Hey, Bonnie want to battle?" Luca asked. Bonnie's eyes hardened with determination.

"Yes!" She exclaimed. The two trainers ran to opposite ends of the clearing. Ash smirked and walked over to watch as the two young trainers began their battle.

"Come on Serena, let's go get some firewood." Naomi muttered, looping her arm through Serena's. They wandered off into the woods while Clemont and Korrina started setting up for dinner. Gary had wandered over to Ash and was watching the battle as well.

Clemont sighed happily as he looked out over their friends. There was a lot of history between them, and he was beyond happy for another adventure, another memory. Sure, there was a lot more of them, but the more the merrier right?

"What are you thinking about?" Korrina asked, smiling.

"How lucky I am. How lucky Bonnie and I were to catch Ash and Pikachu seven years ago when Clembot threw them out of the gym." Clemont chuckled. "That man changes lives."

"Yeah he does. It's crazy that you guys were traveling together seven years ago, I battled him for the first time seven years ago." Korrina said, watching Bonnie and Luca's Pokémon fire beams of energy at each other.

"You know, when I first saw you there was a split second where your confidence and spirit totally entranced me. For that small moment, I thought 'I'm gonna marry that girl.'" Clemont laughed quietly. Korrina blushed.

"No you didn't," she grinned. Clemont nodded his head. Korrina laughed softly and pecked him on the cheek. "I guess we can thank Ash for that, huh?" Clemont's answering smile made butterfrees swoop and twirl in her stomach.

~~~

The next morning the gang rose early and scarfed down a quick breakfast of fruit and bread, and packed up their sleeping rolls.

"Alright let's continue towards Mt. Coronet," Ash said, hiking his backpack up over his shoulder. Pikachu jumped onto his head as they set off.

They had been walking for a while and the mountain was coming into sight. Ash glanced up, trying to find the top of the mountain, and managed to glimpse it. He thought he saw a weird shadow, but it was probably just a trick of the light.

"Did you see that?" Serena asked softly. Ash narrowed his eyes.

"I did. I thought it was a trick of the light, but it looks like something is up there." Ash responded. The two of them stopped for a second, looking up at the distant top of the mountain.

"What's up you guys?" Naomi asked, tugging Gary to a stop. The others turned to them as well.

"There's something on top of the mountain." Ash replied.