Chapter Four: "That's What I can Give You"

CASSIE’S P.O.V CONT-

It was strange seeing no one present in Molly’s seat. No jealous face glaring at me, thinking up murderous plots to kill me. I ate in my usual seat next to Liam, something the whole of the house hadn’t seen in a while. “Wanna share why you’re here?” Teresa piped up as she helped Corey cut her food. Like a mother would. “Nah, the usual. Unwanted. Guy couldn’t handle having to fit me into his life, so he sent me back. Not like I care.” I hid in Liam’s hoodie enjoying the warmth it gave me. I know Ash would be better, but it just seemed wrong. He nodded at me and mouthed ‘you cold?’ I nodded a ‘yes’ to him. He looked away as if thinking something over. Liam nudged my hand under the table. We were back to this again. Hiding our hands under the table. I still linked my hand with his, and though it was cold, I could feel it regaining some of its usual warmth.  I smiled over at him through my hoodie hand that was covering most of my face. I hid behind that hand. I hid my guilt for Ash behind it. I dumped my plate in the sink and turned to head out and chill in the gaming room, maybe sit with Ash and steal some of his warmth. But I just turned into Mark. “Alright Cassie? How’s the wrist?” Wrist. Oh yeah. I hadn’t even felt anything from it; I couldn’t be broken could it? Or was it the brace supporting it? Who knows, all I know is I hadn’t even noticed it. “Erm, yeah, fine.” 

“Good, because you’re on washing up duty.” Haha, very funny. I sent my head back and moaned. 

“Do I have to?” 

“Yes.”

“Die.”

“Gosh, it’s only dirty dishes.” I smiled at him and he knew I was being sarcastic. He threw the tea towel at me to dry up after. “Aw yeah, I’ll do that too shall I? Unwell person here!” He laughed. 

“Quit your complaining.”

“I’ll help.” Ash brought his dish to the sink and ran the hot water. Ah. That’s what I want. 

“Ash, it’s fine, I’ll be-” he cut me off.

“No, you’re right, you’re ill; you deserve at least some help.” I smiled. I liked Ash. Oh yeah, that was kinda obvious wasn’t it? The housemates slowly filtered out, to various places. I checked the calendar beside the fridge. Sunday. Really? You’re kidding me. School tomorrow, well that’ll be a shock to the teachers having Liam back. Especially our art teacher, I’m guessing she didn’t like him too much to begin with. Liam was the last to leave. He seemed to linger around the kitchen. But soon enough he left and it was just me and Ash, cleaning dishes.

He grabbed my hand the minute people were out of sight. “That better?” I let my mouth drop slightly at the instant warmth I felt from his touch. “Why… Why don’t you sleep with me tonight? I’ll keep you warm.” It would be better than Molly’s room, but I couldn’t, too many questions would come from it. “Nah, I’ll be fine.” He seemed a little upset if anything. 

“I want to make you better Cassie, let me help you.” 

“I would if I could.” I mumbled that to myself. The last dish scrubbed, I let the warm heavenly water down the drain hole. Ash wiped the last one dry and set it on the pile in the cupboard. I started to walk away when he looped a hand around me. The warmth was something I welcomed. He slid his hand up my top and the hoodie and I had to force myself not to moan at the pleasure he gave me from his warm touch on my cold body. “You’re freezing.” He whispered the words into my hair. His hand moved around my stomach and my waist. I let out a little moan and clasped my hand over my mouth immediately. “Feel that?” I nodded. “That’s what I can give you.” I closed my eyes and felt the heat from his hands make me feel alive again. I wanted this so badly. I wanted to be his, but I wanted to be Liam’s too. I’m so selfish. I started walking again and his hands slipped off of my body. Now to go to my boyfriend, and become cold again. I prayed he had returned to his normal self. The one that sent sparks through me when he touched me. I missed that guy. I missed him a lot.