∞ Chapter 11 ∞

A/N: I've never watched the 'The Maze Runner', so excuse any mistakes I might have made.

When I wake up Taylor is gone.

I get out of bed and tip toe to the door, hearing laughter in the living room. Guess he's not so sick after all. The medicine did help though.

When I open the door I sigh in relief, down stairs, Taylor and Tanner are sitting on the sofa eating pizza and laughing at something one of them said.

"Uh.." I awkwardly say and clear my throat, hoping they'll notice me already.

"Oh! Davin! Come, we're having pizza," Tanner says when he notices me and Taylor turns in surprise too.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why are you here? Don't you have school or something..?" I ask as I walk down the stairs pulling at my shirt awkwardly. At least it not Taylor's parents, What a relief.

Tanner faked a gasp "oh so that's it? I'm not welcome here anymore? Ugh I'm offended, it's not my fault you guys aren't cool enough for me."

I raised an eyebrow at him and set down on the floor in front of them, "oh yeah," He says suddenly, "how do you feel?"

"Better," I mumble and mentally sigh, I don't like when people ask me that.
He just cares about you, you selfish. A voice inside my head whispers, the last word was in a singsong tone.

"I'm not selfish." I frown at my weird inside voice, and immediately face palm. I just talked to myself.

"Ya kinda 're" Taylor says with his mouth full of pizza, and Tanner gives him a harsh punch in the gut, making Taylor wince, "shut up." He says playfully and takes a bite himself.
Ew. I hate pizza.

"Want some?" Tanner asks me after he swallows, and I look a the pizza in his hand in disgust, "oh," he laughs a little, "not this one, I meant your own piece, there some more left." He nods at the table behind me.

"Uh no.. I just.." if I say that I don't like pizza they're both gonna be like 'oh my god what how why but its so good I can't believe you're so weird.' Etc.. I'd like to avoid that.

"I'm not hungry." I lie. I am. A lot actually, I've started to build quite an apatite because of Taylor, "Bull. Have some." Taylor says and frowns at me handing me a pizza, but I don't take it.

"I said I'm not hungry." I insist and push the disgusting pizza away from me.

"Don't make me force feed you." Taylor threatens and Tanner looks at him in surprise, "hey if he doesn't want to eat then its okay.." Tanner mumbles uncertain of what's going on.

"I mean it Dan."Taylor raises his eyebrows at me and ignores Tanner completely.

I stand up and glare at him, "oh for fucks sakes Taylor go fuck yourself." I storm off to the front door ignoring their calls for me and throw the door open, only to be greeted with the cold wind.

I shiver but walk outside anyway.

"Devin wait." Tanner calls me and I stop, he never did anything wrong, I shouldn't ignore him.