∞ Chapter 18 ∞ End ∞

One might say I never truly loved Mark. But that would be so wrong.

The truth is, I loved him very deeply, and a part of me left when he did, I will always remember him, and what he meant to me.

I moved on I really did it, and I believe anyone can. 

I sometimes think of what would I do if Mark would've come back in some kind of magic way, would I still be with Taylor?

The answer is yes. I would stay with Taylor. Because now, I couldn't imagine ever losing him.

See, it's this lie we always tell ourselves when we look at someone we love, I could never live without them.

We could, and if it ever comes to it you'll be left with two choices, move on, or just.. End the pain.

But you don't completely end it, you just pass it over. That's just.. Being selfish.

"Hey, are you okay?" Taylor glances at me as he drives the car.

"Let's call Gabe." I say, it had been about a week since summer break started and I didn't really get a chance to think it over, this whole think of befriending him isn't going to be easy. But yesterday Tanner left town, so Gabe must be really depressed, that is, if he even has any feelings beside angry.

"Oh yeah! That'd be nice!" Taylor nods and I smile, he looked absolutely breathtaking when he was shirtless, actually, all the freaking time. Right now we were on the way to the beach, now that finally I gained some weight and felt comfortable in my own skin.

"Hey Tay," I say suddenly, "Mm?" He says still looking at the road.

"I love you." And a smile immediately appears on his beautiful face. "I love you too," he answers and holds my hand. Pop.

From: Tanner
Don't forget your promise, please.

To: Tanner
I won't. I'm actually calling him right now.

I call Gabe with the phone number Tanner gave me and he answers after the second ring,

"Hey." He says dryly and I sigh,

"Hey it's Devin, I was wondering if you'd like to come to the beach with me and Taylor?"

"Why would I do that?" He answers.

"Its nice out.." I try,

"Isn't Taylor your boyfriend or something?" He asks and I frown,

"Yeah, so?"

"I don't do third wheeling."

"Oh come on! I pr—"

And the line went dead. Oh great.

"Didn't go so well?" Taylor guesses and I shake my head.

"Try again," he encourages me and I nod, but Gabe just ignores my call.

"Let's give him some alone time maybe, he just had to say goodbye to a friend, we can try a different day." Taylor suggests and I sigh, "I really hate doing this." I mumble.

"He's not such a bad guy! Come on, besides, you only have one last year of highschool with him and that's it."

"Yeah but like 70% of my school goes to the same stupid college, the rest are either too poor to go, or rich bitches who go to some fancy shit." I say and shrug. Gabe will probably be there too.

"I doubt that.." Taylor mumbles,

"Why do you doubt it?" I asked.

"It's not my place to say," he answers regretfully that he even opened his mouth in the first place.

It's like everybody knew something about Gabe that I didn't, but then again I never really had any kind of friendship with him.

×××

"That was fun!" He says and picks me up from behind snuggling and kissing my neck, making me laugh a little in surprise.

"Yep!" I say happily turning around and kiss him. I loved that rare real smile of his, it was hard to get it. It made feel special that I was the reason for it.

We kiss for awhile till I feel it's getting too hot and pull away, "I need to take a shower, too much sand." I say and start to walk upstairs.

"I'll join you!" He says coming from behind and picks me up walking to the shower.

"Tay! No! What are you doing put me dow—" he cuts me off by kissing him and I immediately forget everything, kissing him back.

Yep. I was in love with Taylor Manuel. And for once in such a long time, truly happy.

----------------------

Okay yeah, The End!
But, there's a sequel! It's called "The boy he met." And its about Gabe (I am Gabe, Gabe is me, we are one.)
Anyway, thank you for reading and I'd love feedback, now carry on human, it ended.