∞ Chapter 7 ∞

I come early for my fourth period and sit down totally exhausted, I had the hardest time waking up today.

I start to doodle random shit on my notebook, not really paying attention to anything around me, when I hear someone clearing their throat right above my head.

As I look up Tanner's smile fades away quickly at the sight of my tired face, "dude, are you okay?"
Do I look okay to you, retard?

"Just a little tired, that's all." I say dismissively, not feeling like explaining the real reason.

Well then again it wasn't a lie, I am tired. Just the kind of tired who couldn't fall asleep.

"Uh.. Okay then. I was gonna ask you something but I guess its not a good time now, is it?"

"No. It isn't." I say flatly.

He nods understandingly and walks back to his place.

×××

I sigh in relief as I walk towards my locker to put my books away before I go out to my car, pulling my car keys out and holding them in my palm loosely.

I put in my earphones and blast "Onerepublic- Something I need" walking with my head down, staring at my dirty All Stars and avoiding eye contact with everyone as much as possible.

"Ouch!" I let out a moan of pain as I feel someone's arm catching me before I would fall, my earphones falling off.
Note: look where you're going. My shoes are not that interesting anyway.

When I'm steady again he's arms let go of me.

How do I know its a he? Well let's just say women usually don't have big masculine arms like that.

"Thank yo-" my heart skips a beat and my knees go weak at the sight of Taylor. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Dan.. I-"

I sigh in irritation knowing what's gonna come next.

"Can we talk about it? Please?" He grabs my shoulders and gives them a squeeze, burning my skin.

"What's there to talk about?" I feel the anger taking over me, " You like me, I don't like you. Woow big deal! poor Taylor! He suffers from a one sided love!" I say the last part in a whinny voice and Taylor frowns at me, letting go of me and just stares at me blankly.

"Yeah well stop being so pathetic and whinny. That shit is no big deal, at least I'm not dead now, am I?" I glare at him, and he suddenly hardens.

"You keep forgetting Mark was my brother. You're not the only one affected by his death." He glares right back at me and I ignore it as I start walking again.

But Taylor doesn't give up that easily and grabs my arm spinning me around. By now everyone had left already so it was only the two of us standing there, in the empty parking lot.

"Let go." I try to act tough, even though I'm scared to death. He's much stronger then me and we are all alone now. He could do whatever he wanted, even though... A little voice inside my head was telling me he wouldn't do anything stupid.

I don't trust that little voice.

"Would you stop being so selfish already?!" He yelled in my face and I frooze.

"You're not the only one who suffered because of his death! I am his brother. And it haven't been that long since! Get a hold of yourself Devin. We have to move on. You have to move on." He started to drag me after him and I whimpered straggling to get away from him, I didn't want to go wherever he was taking me. My car was here anyway, I couldn't just ditch it.

He rolled his eyes at me, "oh come on! Its not like I'm kidnapping you or something." But I refused to move. He sigh and pulled me off the ground starting to walk in my car's direction.

"Put me down! Ugh why are you eve-"

"Car keys." He puts me down still holding on to my arm with one hand while the other was waiting for me to give him my keys.

I raise my eyebrow at his hand and he rolls his eye at me, "stop being such a big baby, I'm not gonna steal your car."

"So why do you need it?" I tighten my grip on the keys.

He gives me a 'really now?' look, his eyes going up and down my body. Before I could understand what was he looking at he bolted foreword trying to take the key out of my palm.

Which of course I don't want to give him and we end up fighting each other, not that it lasts for too long, since Taylor is stronger then me anyway.

He pushes me towards my car and I stumble a little but quickly regain my balance holding my car's door.

Taylor unlocks my car and opens the door for me, "get in and buckle up."

"No way. Its my car, I drive." I refuse and try to push him out of my way to go around the car to the driver's sit.

"Yeah.... No." He wraps his arms around my torso sitting me down while I helplessly struggle him, "help! His raping me!" I scream hoping someone will pass by and do something.

"Oh would you shut up already." He scowls at me and buckles me up, "I wouldn't rape you in your own car. That's just sick." He smirks at me and I glare. Ugh I really hate this boy right now.

He closes the door and walks around the car. I quickly try to unbuckle myself so I can move into the driver's sit, but Taylor's faster and gets in before I mange.

"Where are we going?" I run my fingers through my hair in irritation.

"Somewhere." He presses his lips together and turns on the radio.

I sigh and look out the window trying to see if I recognize the way.
You're not the only one who suffered from his death.

I bit my lower lip at that thought, he was right.

I felt so stupid and selfish.

But mostly, guilty.

After a few minutes he parked the car in front of Corner Bakery Cafe and turned around in his sit so he was facing me.

"One meal a day, remember?"

"Hell no!" I almost scream, I absolutely hated to eat in public. "Not after you kissed me. Nope. At that moment you ended any kind of friendship that was or could've had been between us." I add.

"Still, a promise is a promise." He shrugs.

"You'll have to force feed me, because no way in hell I'm going in there to eat." I fold my arms smiling at him viciously.

"Fine. We'll have it your way." He opened the car's door and steps out, locking me inside.

"Wait! Don't just leave me here!" I shout but he just walks away and goes inside.

What if there's a long line? I could die in here! What the actual fuck? He can't do this!

I try to calm myself and look out the window, he's not that stupid... If there's a long line he'll just come and get me. Or at least call to check on me, right?