∞ Chapter 14 ∞

Today was the day.

Yep. Today I'm finally gonna kiss Tanner. How? No fucking idea. But will I? Sigh.

Do I have another choice..?

I walk up to my locker, its been three days since I last saw Taylor and this morning my mum forced fed me and I got really pissed at the whole situation so I ended up slapping her.

Talk about feeling guilty.

"Dev!" Tanner jogs in my direction and I crack a big smile, "hey!"

"Can I come over to your house today?" He asks as soon as he reaches me "My mums want me out of the house for the day, they even paid me money for that." We both laugh and I nod, "sure. Though I do think your mums would love to have me over today." I wink at him and he turns red, playfully punching my arm.

"You're gay! They're lesbians! Stop that!" He blushes even more and I chuckle.

"Double check that.." I say in a low singsong voice and he ignores me.

"Movie night?" He asks.

"Movie night." Huh. Still a better line then 'okay?' 'Okay.' I mean come on, since when okay translates to 'forever'. Forever doesn't even exist. Retards.

We both slide in the car and I start it when suddenly someone knocks on Tanner's window and he roles it down.

"Sup Gab?"

"You asshole! You promised you'd help me with the conclusion!"

I roll my eyes when Gabe isn't looking, he's such a pain in the ass.

"Hey Dev, can Gab here join us? Will finish the work in a minute and then he'll be on his wa-"

"No!" Me and Gabe say in the say time and Tanner looks surprised.

"Okay fine." I grumble and unlock the car's door.

Gabe mumbles something under his breath but gets in anyway and I play Imagine Dragons as we drive to my house, "I like them," Tanner mumbles turning the volume higher.

×××

As we walk in my house the first thing I do is look for my mum, but she's no where to be seen. Though an unhappy dad is here, sitting in the kitchen, and gets up as soon as he spots us.

"Hey there Tanner," he fakes a big smile and shake hands "and you are?" He asks Gabe politely and I roll my eyes.
Of course, you wouldn't want others to know we aren't the perfect family. Keep pretending.

"I'm Gabe." He raises an eyebrow and ignores my dad's hand waiting to shake and looks lazily around the house.

My dad frowns but shrugs it off, "okay, so uh, Devin, we need to talk later, okay?" He says and I nod. Oh boy. Its gonna get ugly.

"Come on, you guys finish this shit already so Gabe can leave as fast as possible," I say as soon as we reach my room and close the door.

Gabe frowns at me and opens his mouth to say something but Tanner cuts him off, "his right, let's finish this thing already." And grabs Gabe to the desk taking some papers out his bag.

As they start working I go and sit on my bed scrolling through my phone but don't really pay any attention to it. I'm too busy looking at Tanner from the corner of my eye.

My hethat beat races and I start to sweat a little at the thought of what I was planning on doing. I was so pissed Gabe had joined us, now I'll have more time to change mind.