∞ Chapter 15 ∞

You've got 41 unreadmessages.

I don't bother to check them and I've been ignoring calls all day, by now it was already late at night and I was starving, freezing, and exhausted.

My eyes were dry and hurt from all the crying and my chest ached incredibly.

I sit on the cold grass under the famous tree, were me and Mark hanged out all the, also where Taylor kissed me.

I arrived here only minutes ago but I already feel like I've been in one place for too long, so I start to get up, pushing myself off the tree and lose my balance for a second before I regain it. I was too tired for my own good.

"Dan?" I hear a whisper and my head snaps up, "oh my god Dan that's you!" I hear Taylor say in relief but I'm too tired to even see his face clearly in the dark.

"We've all worried so much and.." He runs to me wrapping his arms around my waist and I immediately snuggle up in his chest, enjoying the burning feeling all around my cold body.

I can't really hear what Taylor's saying anymore because I'm slowly falling asleep still standing in his arms.

"Wait we need to call your parents! And I need to get you home, okay wait s-"

"No!" I quickly say waking up a bit, "you..you can't." I rub my eyes and push myself off Taylor, but he grabs my arms before I fall, I was way too exhausted.

"Why not?" He asks worriedly and brushes some of my hair off my eyes, I must've looked horrible right now. Scary even.

"I.. I don't want you to. Just text them that I'm okay and let me sleep over at your house, please?" I yawn and shake my head at my tiredness.

"What? But my parents are home and I need to know what's wrong you can't ju-"

I laugh and without thinking I stand on my tiptoes wrapping my arms around his neck, he talks too much. So I kiss him gently and slowly, and he kisses right back, shutting up immediately.

"Just take me home with you." I mumble and rest my head on his shoulder, sniffing.

"O-okay, I'll take us to your house and I'll let your parents know you're alright.

I simply nod and he helps me reach his car, setting me in the back buckling me up.

The next thing I know I hear faint talking and a pair of arms taking me to my bed and covering me up with a blanket, they get up and start living my room; "wait.." I barely mange to murmur.

"Mm?" The voice answers, "Tay..come her'" I whisper and fall right back to sleep, hoping he heard my request.

×××

I wake up and feel the warmth of the sun on one side of my face, with birds singing obnoxiously loud outside.

And for a moment, just a quick moment, everything feels right and I smile.

I forgot that Mark is dead.

I forgot the loneliness I constantly felt.

I forgot how sick and skinny my body is.

I forgot the rejection.

But then it all came back to me, like a huge wave. No, more like a tsunami.

My smile immediately disappears and I groan.

I get up rubbing my eyes and look around the room, noticing its empty.

So he didn't stay.

And then I remember I kissed him. Oh boy.

I swallow and try my best not to panic again. I couldn't believe that he left, even after I did that.