∞ Chapter 17 ∞

I remember that one time when some of my relatives came by and we ended up having a last minute family party kinda thing.

I dragged Mark down with me so I won't have to suffer the whole thing all alone, and we set together at the table listening to the boring conversion, till Prim, my dad's sister, started to talk about her dead husband, which at the time it was 3 years since his death, and they all told good memories about him, laughing and remembering.

I was so surprised at the time, I couldn't imagine ever losing Mark, and let alone one day to smile at the old memories we'd had and shared.

But now, as I was walking outside the school on the last day, I couldn't imagine it any different. Sure, losing Mark was the biggest lost I ever had, but having Taylor and being able to call him mine was the biggest gain.

We've been dating for 7 months now, he still had to work a lot and studying was a big part of his life, but he always founded time for me, and I was thankful for that.

My backpack was heavy from all the books that I had in my locker, which I had to empty, the sun was annoyingly too bright, and the temperature too hot.

My car got crushed in a parking lot, luckily I wasn't in it, but for now I had to take the bus all the time till it gets fixed.

I walk with my head down to block the sun till I hear a whistle and my head snaps up, Taylor was leaning on his car smiling with his shades on and I laughed, I was so happy to finally see him again, the last time was about a week ago, this was the best surprise I could've imagine.

I walk a bit faster but then I hear a familiar voice calling me "Devin!"

I turn around and see Tanner running in my direction.

"Hey." He says and I could see sweat on his forehead, it really was too hot outside.

"Hey," I say awkwardly, we haven't had a conversion in a very long time, we even stopped saying 'hi' & 'bye' at some point.

"I.. I just wanted to say bye. My mum got a new job out of town and we're gonna move there this summer, I won't learn here anymore." He says biting his lip, it looked like he had a hard time moving, he did look really depressed lately but I didn't dare to ask him what was wrong.

"Oh.." I say everything making sense now. "I wanted to say I'm sorry before I leave, not that its worth anything, I was too harsh when I broke off out friendship, and it wasn't right of me. You were a really good friend." He says and I nod, okay so?

"And.. I want to ask for a favor..." He shifts uncomfortably and I give him a questioning look.

"Its Gabe." He says and I sigh, that guy was never good news.

"I want you to look out for him. Please." I laugh at him and then notice his serious.

I frown, "you're not serious are you?" I ask, what did he mean by looking out for him anyway?

"I am. I'm the only one he feels comfortable around, and he's going to be all alone if I leave, and we'll barely see each other anymore." He says sadly.

"Oh.. So what am I supposed to do?"

"Be his friend, hang out with him every now and then, you might like him." He shrugs but I could see the concern in his eyes.

"He hates me." I say flatly and raise an eyebrow at him.

"He doesn't, he's just like that, but he can be a really fun and lay back person, I promise."

"I.. No." I say, Gabe was so mean, and mostly he reminded me of the old me, I didn't want to remember that.

"Dan?" Taylor calls when we're taking too long and I turn my head around and sign him to wait one more minute.

Impatient now I turn back to Tanner and shrug, "okay no, please, I'm begging you okay?" He says a little hysterical and I frown again, "what's the big deal, his a big boy he can take care of himself!" But secretly I was starting to worry too. Why was Tanner so scared to leave him alone?

"Okay you know what it was silly of me to ask you don't owe me anything anyway I was a jus-"

"Oh would you stop with the self pity!" I snap and immediately regret it. I used to be just like that.

"Okay,I'll do it." I finally say and his eyes light up a little.

"Promise?" He says.

"Promise." I say, and mean it.

"Bye," he says, hesitating before giving me a side hug and runs off to the yellow car that just parked.

"Hey Dev!" His mum screams with her head poking out of the car's window and I nod, "Hey! And bye Tanner." I say at last and he just smiles sadly before sliding in the car.

I sigh and finally head over to Taylor's car quickly,

"Hey babe," Taylor greets me taking his sunglasses off and gives me a quick kiss, "No no no," I say grabbing his shirt in my fist and pulling him down for a deeper, and longer kiss.

He smiles into our kiss and we pull apart moments later, "its nice to see you," I say happily and he gives me a bear hug pulling me slightly off the ground, making me squeak.

"Thought I'll surprise you, besides there's something I want to show you." He winks and we get in the car.

"And that is?" I ask as we buckle up and he starts the car, "you'll see. By the way, since when do you and Tanner talk?" He tried to say it casually but I knew he just didn't want me around Tanner, not after how he hurt me, though, you can't really blame Tanner. Oh well.

"We don't," I reassure him, "his moving so he wants me to befriend Gabe so he won't be lonely." I shrug, like it's no big deal.

"Oh, I know the guy, he was good friends with Mark, they had a big fight and I never got to see him since, Mark didn't tell me much about it though." He says.

I don't know why, but I had a feeling maybe it had to do something with the whole situation. Tanner wouldn't tell me what's so "special" about Gabe, but I was going to try figure it out, mostly because I felt like Mark was involved.

I held Taylor's hand as we drove to wherever he was taking me, loving the burning feeling that never seemed to fade. "We're here." He says to my surprise, that was like a 5 minutes drive.

I look out the window but all there is here are average looking houses.

"Huh?" I say as we get out, Taylor doesn't answer and instead grabs my hand, taking me into a house's small garden and to a front door.

I look around confused and he opens the door and we walk in.

We stay in the dark for a second after the door closes and then he turns the lights on.

"It's not much... But it's all ours." He blushes and I look around the house.

"Wait what?" I say and finally realize.

"Oh my god Taylor you did it!" I say happily and jump in his arms wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You did it," my voice comes muffled by his neck as we hug tightly, he nods and rubs my back a little before he let's me slide off.

"Wait.." I say suddenly, "what do you mean 'ours'?" I fake like I only realized it now, which I didn't, but I thought congratulating him was more important.

"That's my way of asking you to move in with me."

Though he never said that out loud, I knew it meant I had to get a job so we can share the bills, which also meant responsibilities. Ew.

"So what do you say?" He asks again when I don't answer and I nod slowly, not believing that this is really happening. Yeah, it had its downs but also ups; I'd get to see Taylor more, I'd wake up and go to sleep next to him, and let's not forget the sex part. Lots of sex.

"Really?" He says excitedly and I smile nodding again, "yes, I'd love to."