It's All My Fault.

"Wait, who?" asked Naruto in confusion.

"Uchiha Itachi. Sasuke's older brother."

There was a moment of silence as Naruto froze, trying to collect his thoughts.

"....."

"WHAAATTTTTT?!!!!!" shouted Naruto.

"Naruto, first, calm down."

"I thought you were already DEAD-ttebayo?!!"

"Sasuke told you a lie, in order to protect the privacy of the Uchiha."

"Uh...huh.."

"But even so, I'm not a member of the Uchiha anymore. I'm just somewhere around the world."

"Wait, what? Does Sasuke know this?"

"Don't tell him that. By right, Sasuke is a better heir for the family."

"If you say so-ttebayo. Why did you call me anyway?"

"It's regarding your school, Konoha High."

"What about it?"

"I've come to apologize. The reason for their shutdown, is me."

"Are you saying you bought the land and asked for the demolition of the school?"

"Yes."

"Wait, I don't get the whole situation right now. What does the Uchiha have to do with our school?"

"When the school closes down, Sasuke will return back to his duties as the heir. And I apologize, this was all of my plan. I'm sorry for being selfish."

"So you're saying you purposely closing the school down so that Sasuke can return to the Uchiha?"

"....Yes."

"That's....just crazy-ttebayo..."

"I'm sorry. Sasuke won't listen to us no matter what because he really loves being a teacher."

"Tell me where are you now." said Naruto with a stern tone.

"What for?"

"To beat you up of course! Just because of that, everyone is going to lose all of their jobs and the things they love you bastard!" shouted Naruto.

"I'm sorry Naruto. It's all my fault. I don't mind if you can hate me all you want, but this is for Sasuke's benefit." said Itachi as he cut the line.

"O-Oi! Don't you dare cut off me, Itachi!" shouted Naruto as he angrily stared at his phone.

He tried to call him over and over again but Itachi didn't pick up. He sighed as he looked inside his car. Thankfully, Hinata, Boruto and Himawari were all asleep in the car. He took a deep breath and went inside, continuing his journey back home with a lot of thoughts in his head.

~X~

Throughout the weekend, Naruto did not mutter a single word of what happened between Itachi and him. He tried to make it seem that nothing happened and lead the weekend normally. Naruto held himself inside his room, fixating himself on marking books and exam papers. He didn't want to be disturbed by what happened that day.

"Boruto, please hand these to papa." said Hinata with a smile.

"What's this kaa-chan?" asked Boruto as he stared at the bento.

"Papa's favourite ramen."

"Then, can I take a bite first?" grinned Boruto as he tried to open the bento.