The Last Graduation

It is now October, both students and teachers are all struggling to prepare themselves for the big, final exam. It was of course, the busiest months for the teachers. Preparing pre-exam questions, advising students and many other tasks were quite stressful. Extra classes were held afterschool and club activities were on hold for the seniors.

At the staff room:

"What time is it Shikamaru? I wonder if I have time to eat lunch.." sighed Naruto as he slumped into his chair.

"1:15pm. If I'm not mistaken, you have another class at 2 right? How troublesome.." sighed Shikamaru as he checked his watch before proceeding to write something on his desk full of papers.

"Yosh, I have like 45 minutes! Time to eat!" said Naruto with a smile as he quickly pulled out his bento made by his wife this morning, chucking every bit of food into his large mouth.

"Don't eat too fast, you might choke ya'know" said Chouji worriedly as he stood in front of the printer, waiting for his documents to come out.

"Naruto-kun, I have classes after school so you can go home first." said Hinata.

"What about Boruto and Himawari?" asked Naruto.

"Kakashi-san said that he'll look after them until 7pm." answered Hinata before leaving the staff room.

"You think Kakashi-san won't mind taking care of my kid too?" joked Sai as he scribbled something on his handbook.

"Maybe if you bribed him or gave him an exclusive edition of the Icha-Icha series.." said Kiba as he was busy typing something into the staff computer.

"I swear guys, we're getting too old for this work. The stress and pressure will kill me soon." sighed Sakura as she massaged her own shoulder.

"Pfft, don't say that Sakura-chan or you'll become an old hag like Tsunade~" joked Naruto.

"I'm NOT that OLD, SHANNARO!" shouted Sakura as she hit Naruto's head.

"Let's not get violent shall we? Students might spot us..." said Sai worriedly.

"Well, I gotta go guys. Got three classes straight later." sighed Shikamaru as he stood up from his desk and left the room.

"Oh yeah! I better eat fast-ttebayo!" said Naruto as he realized the time and quickly stuffed all of the food into his mouth and left the room.

One by one, the staff room became emptier. The schedule was so packed, teachers rarely had time to lounge around. The same process happened for two weeks straight before finally, the big day has arrived. A whole week of the final examinations has begun. It was at last, teachers could finally rest but they couldn't help but worry about their students.

"I wonder how they're faring..." said Sakura worriedly as she checked the exam timetable.

"I heard they set the science paper quite hard this year." said Shikamaru.

"Don't worry! Examinations are part of their youth in life! Shall I explain how important this is?!" said Lee with enthusiasm.

"Not this again..." sighed Shikamaru as everyone listened to Lee rambling about the importance of youth in high school students.

~X~

Examination week was a relaxation period for the teachers however, once the exams are over their hell will begin. The largest obstacle of every teacher, marking the papers. Time passes quickly and the teachers got back to work, carrying piles of paper back into the office and spending hours and nights marking every single paper.