Goodbye, Forever?

On a cold morning, the sounds of a bicycle echoed the empty school compound. White snow covered the entire place as if it was abandoned. However, entering inside was a totally different story. There was a lively atmosphere inside the school, teachers who were running around gathering their items and removing everything left of the school whether it be furniture, lights etc.

Boruto, Himawari, Sarada, Inojin and Shikadai were brought over to help out their parents. Little feet scurry across the corridors, dust surrounded the entire school as old memories were reminisce. Naruto and Hinata found old yearbooks of generations ago and giggled at the sight of how young Tsunade, Kakashi and many of their superiors were.

"Looks like I'll have to say goodbye to this old desk." said Naruto as he touched the wooden desk, now empty.

"It feels really empty once everything is removed." said Hinata as she looked around the hollow staffroom, filled with only air.

"It's kinda sad but, it's for the better huh?" sighed Naruto. The staffroom they were once standing in was now a huge, empty square room.

"Hey Naruto, Hinata did you get all the things done..woah..." said Sakura as she passed by the staffroom only to be surprised at how different it looked now.

"Oh Sakura, here let me help you with that." said Naruto as he noticed Sakura carrying a large parcel and offered to carry it for her.

"Thanks Naruto. I must say, this view is quite sad.." said Sakura as she stared into the empty space of the room, surrounded in serene silence.

"I remember coming here on my first day of work, I was really nervous that time." smiled Naruto as he reminisce the moments that were now, long gone.

"Yeah, for a while I thought whether you were really suitable for a teacher. After all, you applied without having any degree!" giggled Sakura.

"And that's where I met my wife too." chuckled Naruto.

"Ah yeah..that's right..." said Hinata as her face slightly blushed.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone then. I've got other work to do." smiled Sakura as she took back the parcel Naruto was carrying for her and ran off. ( Konoha's Best Naruhina Shipper )

~X~

After a long day of clearing everything, the school was now just a hollow building. It was like a ghost town, nothing left. The teachers stared at the building, thinking it would be the last time they would see it in front of their naked eyes. They each took turns taking group and individual pictures with their smartphones before resting outside the entrance gate.

"Those construction workers are coming tommorow right?" asked Naruto.

"Yeah, early in the morning. I heard the students were gonna come to witness the demolition." answered Sakura.

"It's gonna be troublesome, but we might as well come I guess." yawned Shikamaru as he massaged his own back.

"Papa, will the school go to heaven?" asked Himawari.

"Haha, yes it will my sunflower." chuckled Naruto as he snuggled Himawari to keep her warm in the cold winter.

"Shouldn't it have a grave dattebasa?" asked Boruto.

"It would be sad if no one would remember this school once its gone." said Himawari.

"Don't worry, we've built a small memorial for the school. See, it's that little stone plate over there." said Naruto as he pointed towards the engraving near the tree that was beside the school gate.

The children rushed over to see it but were dissapointed that it was just a piece of stone drilled onto the ground with only the words "This is to mark the memorial of the high school Konoha High that was demolished in XXX"

"That's really unfair Tou-chan! The school should have an awesome grave!" shouted Boruto in protest.

"Well, um that would take too much of space and money Boruto..." said Naruto as he didn't know how to answer Boruto.

~X~

It was finally the day of the school's demolition. Even though it was winter and freezing cold, there was a large crowd in front of the school entrance. They were all students who were from the school and teachers who came to witness the last of the school.

A large tractor and other vehicles were already stationed inside the school compound as barriers were placed around to prevent anyone from getting hurt. As they waited, the students took time to chat with their teachers and updated themselves of what was going on. Although it was a reunion for everyone, it was also a moment to mourn the school.

The sound of the engine echoed the school and everyone quickly turned their attention to the school. Some held out their phones and filmed the entire moment. Tsunade came out and sent her last farewell speech to everyone and the school.

"For over 30 years, Konoha High has established education free for everyone. We would like to thank everyone who has spent their hardwork and years in this school, preparing themselves for a journey ahead. As the last president of Konoha High, this school is officially closed!" said Tsunade.

Everyone clapped as they watched the tractor hitting one of the walls down. Some watched in silence while others took pictures and filmed the entire process. It was heart-wrenching to watch, the school slowly stripped off its walls and roofs. Collapsing to the ground one by one, it was soon left to ruins.

"I guess this is it huh?" said Naruto as he quietly looked on while holding Boruto and Himawari in his arms.

"I wonder how long have I dreaded to not come to school for work?" said Shikamaru as he silently watched on, his memories flashing through his head.

"I'll miss you, Konoha High." said Sakura as she held onto Sasuke's hand tightly.

There was silence, only the sounds of the walls falling echoed the entire compound. It took a long time before every single bit of the school was finally crushed to the ground. This was the marking of the end of the teacher's career and the start of a new journey.

This was just the beginning. They may not be teachers anymore but the experience they gained during their time was still there.

The Konoha Teacher Society was still alive.

-----------------
Wait! You thought this was the end? :D
In the next chapter: The Afterstory!