The Afterstory

The sound of the bicycle wheels rolling down the hill from the Hyuuga household, the faint breath of a young girl as she paddled as hard as she could. She was wearing a blue coat, with a yellow blouse underneath as her red-checkered skirt fluttered in the wind.

"Dad's seriously going to kill me!" said the girl quietly as she soon reached the nearby town, filled with rows of shops. She stopped her bicycle at a pavement and entered into an old shoplot with a huge sign that said "ICHIRAKU RAMEN". She opened the door only to smell the delicious aroma of her father's cooking.

"Oh, Himawari! You're really late!" said a blonde man with whiskers on his face, he had a slight wrinkle on his face and a shave of stubble across his chin.

"I'm really sorry tou-chan! Aunt Hanabi wanted to make sure I had everything prepared for high school today!" said Himawari who bowed many times apologetically.

"Seriously, you're just way too kind Hima-chan." smirked a young blonde boy who sat at the corner of the shop. He sported the same blonde hair as his father, now taller and a slightly cheeky face. He was Uzumaki Boruto, now in the third year of high school.

"Whatever, stupid nii-chan!" said Himawari as she sat down at the table, where a bowl of ramen was served.

"Because you're late, it's a bit cold. Do you want me to warm it up for you?" asked a woman with her hair tied in a bun. She still looked beautiful despite her age as an apron wrapped around her waist.

"It's alright kaa-chan! I'll just eat breakfast as it is!" smiled Himawari as she dug into her ramen, slurping every strand of noodle.

"Be careful not to dirty your uniform Himawari, it's new." said Hinata worriedly as she headed to the back of the kitchen to wash dishes.

The Ichiraku Ramen restaurant was now ran by the Uzumaki family, the previous owner retired of old age and Naruto was confident to take over. It was now one of the most popular ramen shops in the district despite its old structure.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Three high-schoolers came into the restuarant, a young girl with black hair that wore red spectacles, a tall blonde boy with an innocent face and a sleepy black-haired boy who tied his hair up.

"Oh! Sarada, Inojin and Shikadai! Welcome, welcome!" said Naruto with a grin. He was always welcoming to them.

"Good morning Uncle!" smiled Sarada as she sat beside Himawari.

"Shikadai, I bet you didn't finish your homework again!" grinned Boruto as he went over to talk to the boys.

"No, this time I did it. Now, you're the only one in trouble." smirked Shikadai as he waved his completed book in front of Boruto's eyes.

"I thought we were in this together dattebasa!!" shouted Boruto.

"Well, let's not fight alright. It will cause trouble to Uncle Naruto's restuarant!" said Inojin with a smile. He always wanted to make peace with everyone.

"Hello Sarada-nee chan! You've come pretty early today!" said Himawari as she continued to slurp her noodles.

"Well, we all came to support your first day of high school. Don't talk when you eat alright." smiled Sarada. She always took good care of Himawari as if she was her little sister.

~X~

At a flower shop in the same district as Ichiraku, a lady with long blonde hair was busy inspecting the flowers. Her shop was decorated with paintings done by her loving husband who had a shop in another district. They ran their businesses far apart but they always connected each other in a way.