Part 18

Glancing at the mirror, Elise found herself admiring the vivid canvas of colors Malfoy had left on her neck. No, not admiring, but just simply looking.

She decided to go with a spell to cover up the mess that teased her through the mirror, "Latebra" With a whisk of her wand, the bruises began to mask themselves and become her skin color.

She put on her school robes and headed downstairs for breakfast. As she walked into the Great Hall, she heard talk about a ball, she heard someone mention a masquerade ball?

"What's all the talk about a ball," She asked as she sat down at their table. Pansy finished drinking her orange juice and spoke up, "This morning, posters were hung up informing us there will be some sort of masquerade ball"

Elise glanced up at the ceiling of the Great Hall and noticed white and gold posters floating around, it read, "All Are To Attend to Our Own Enchanting Masquerade Ball, October 15th"

"There's still two more weeks, why is everyone making a big deal out of it," Elise queried

"It's because we have never had such an event before, we usually just have the Yule Ball on Christmas, I presume Mcgonagall wants to add more events to the list," Daphne said whilst picking at her eggs. Elise hummed as a response and they carried on with their breakfast.

-

Daphne and Elise got out early from the Hall and headed towards their class, Daphne had Potion, however, Elise had Apparition so they split their routes, Daphne going left and Elise going to the right.

A similar movement caught her attention and she was yet again yanked to a corner of a corridor.

"Malfoy" She scowled at a displeased blond that wanted to strangle her.

He had noticed how the marks he had left on her neck had vanished, he was aggravated, exasperated, piqued, enraged, infuriated, and all the words that could describe anger. He had left those marks on her neck to mark her as his, to showcase who she belonged to, to evince that no one can take her, no one can want her, no one can even look at her. And she dared to hide them?

He placed his hands around her neck and stroked harshly the sides as he spoke up, "Where are the bloody marks I left"

She could swear that every encounter she has had with him started from him wrapping his hands around her throat, she reckoned he had a predilection for choking people.

"I hid them with a spell, you couldn't possibly expect me to saunter around the halls with a disaster on my neck" She answered. He furrowed his eyebrows, "You are to walk everywhere with those bruises I endowed you with, it shows people that you are mine"

She bewilderedly looked at him, he can't be serious. He gave her neck a squeeze, and whispered, "Mine", as if to finalize.

"I do not belong to anyone, especially to you Malfoy" He still had his hand wrapped around her throat, preventing her from leaving him at this very moment.

"Why of course you do," He casually smirked. Her apparition class was starting but yet she was caged in a dragon's grip.

He continued,"That night, you surrendered to me, you gave yourself to me, you let me take care of you, and I own all my prior conquests"

"Like I said before, I was awfully drunk and didn't know what I was doing, I can't even remember a bloody thing from that night in Vegas" 

"Well I do, you see Avery, I know every part of your body" He grabbed her arm with one hand while still maintaining his grip on her throat with the other. "I know every inch of you", he dragged his hand down her arm and brought his hand to her palm. "I know how to push all your buttons", he harshly squeezed her thumb, right where her cuticle begins.