Part 27

A shroud of misery.

A shroud is a garment that covers something in order to obscure it. But the rain could also be a shroud. Imagine it being placed over the whole world. One can't see through it, so when looking outward their vision is obscured.

Elise glanced at the window, the lake was accumulating heavy rain. She then looked to her side, Draco heavily asleep with a shroud on his heart.

She studied his face, not in a creepy way of course, he looked so relaxed. First time seeing him raw, bare, and pure. His face wasn't taut; he wasn't placing a depressing show on his face. He looked peaceful, it was rare.

She watched his chest heave up and down. Sure his heart wasn't pure as the driven snow, but it wasn't polluted, at least not to the extent of forfeiture.

His heart couldn't possibly be made up of stone.

She reluctantly tore her eyes off of his blonde eyelashes that beamed in the light and got up from the dark mahogany bed.

Fuck, everything hurt.

There was excruciating pain in her lower stomach, courtesy to the one asleep. She tried her best to tip-toe so she wouldn't wake him. She had only Draco's black button shirt on, though it was long enough to drop down until her knees.

She quietly grabbed her dress and heels and headed towards the door. Before slipping out, she looked back at him. He was embraced within the dark fluffy bed sheet, his blonde hair complimenting the darkness of it. She could slightly hear his heavy breathing, it was like a melody gyrating in the air.   

She softly closed his door and swiftly made a run for her life, sprinting out of the boys' dormitories' to the girls'. She quietly made her way into her dormitory, closing the door and catching her breath. Thankfully, the girls were still asleep, she creaked into the bathroom to freshen up.

Good Riddance.

She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn't believe her eyes, she was a dreadful mess. Colorful marks were painted across her skin, her face included. Her lipstick smudged and her mascara smeared. Her sleek hair that once flowed to her shoulder was now disheveled. There was a bite mark with a snippet of dried blood located on her shoulder. Her eyes then dropped down to her bruised lips, she looked closely and even her savored lips carried bite marks. Her neck looked asphyxiated, there were hand marks around the sides of her throat.

"Latebra" She enchanted once more. Sure she could cover up the exterior, but didn't anyone tell her there was no masking the interior?

To her favor, it was a Saturday, there were no classes so she decided to take a long shower to get rid of the carnal mnemonics that mocked her. She got in the hot shower and closed her eyes, feeling the lewd grime ooze down.

She closed her eyes and recalled what she once had thought.

She didn't want to build up to disappointment for herself. Summoning feelings was not on her agenda, especially for someone so bipolar. She knew he would just play her, so she abstained from the minacious territory.

She would continue to play along.

Little did he know she would bring hell upon him. She didn't surrender, no, she threw him inside the hole that he dug for her.

She would continue playing his game; fiddling with his heart

-

Draco woke up cold.

The warmth that once comforted him was no longer there.

He was enclosed with frost.

He tilted his head to the pillow that once carried a mellow silhouette. A fragment of his heart wished the warmth had endured.

He closed his eyes and groaned.

As he recollected last night, his eyes filled with emotion, yet they also radiated the warmth and liveliness of the sunlit surface. They were a thousand shades of blue with a hint of hazel that radiated in softly sweeping arcs.

He closed his eyes and recalled his oath.

He wanted her. He was going have her. He was not going to keep her. No. He was going to ruin her. Ruin her for anyone else. Like a dragon possessing and obtaining. He was going to bedevil her for her own good.

He was adamant.

At the night on the Bellagio, he did in fact promise himself that he would be the one to ruin her innocence. He certainly is one to keep promises. He didn't think he would ever see her again, but since the opportunity is practically throwing itself at him, why not have some fun with her. Damage her until theirs not a single of innocence attached to her, not a single drop.

He would continue playing his game; fiddling with her heart.