𖠌 Chapter Twenty-Nine

Just a disclaimer: I'm not really a professional nor know about court, legal shit, and things like that.

Because in my country, atleast from what I've been told, divorce isn't really a thing and all and that's probably why I don't know about court much.

So uh, please bare with me here and try to understand.

Also, do read the notes at the end of the chapter if you're not aware of my schedules.

𖠌

"so, how did it go?" Jeno asked as he continued to bake some cupcakes for snacks when he heard a few footsteps nearby.

He heard a groan as a response to his question, although he usually would be scared especially by the strong scent filling in the room as a sign that an alpha was upset, he wasn't.

Well, for this certain alpha atleast.

He sighed to himself softly and places the mixer down on an empty spare plate while he glances at the dough in the bowl. Needs more chocolate.

He turns around and pursed his lips watching the pink haired boy sit down on his respective chair and runs his fingers through his hair making it messy, the once gelled and neat hairstyle was now all over the place on his head.

Jeno walks over behind the pure alpha and places his palms on the man's broad shoulders gently, rubbing them with his thumbs as he leans down to peck the elder's jaw.

"Is everything alright?" He asked softly while letting out some of his own sweet pheromones to hopefully calm the elder down.

It seemed to work since the pink haired boy's tensed shoulders began to relax once he took a few sniffs of the familiar strawberry and mint scent.

"Not really." Jaemin mumbled and bit his lip while fiddling with his index finger and thumb on his right hand.

"Well," Jeno drawls with a long pause and taking his time to sit down on the chair next to the pure alpha. "Talk to me." He places his palm on Jaemin's fiddling own.

With a deep exhale, Jaemin entwined their fingers. "We have another court date soon," he paused. "Heejin and her lawyer cheated again and–"

"Goddammit, I almost lost and I almost had it! I don't know which one was closer." He exclaimed with knitted eyebrows and his pheromones getting more suffocating for Jeno.

The brunet tries his best to calm the pure alpha down by inching his chair closer before laying his head on Jaemin's broad shoulder. "Atleast you perhaps still have a second chance soon."

"Perhaps." Jaemin repeated curtly while staring off into the distance making the omega beside him pout.

Jeno lifts his head slightly and now resting his chin on the pink haired boy's shoulder to leave some light kisses on his neck, ear, collarbone, and sharp jawline.

"Don't stress out too much okay? You got this, I believe in you." He coaxed before grabbing Jaemin's hand that was still entwined with his and rests it on his growing baby bump.

"We believe in you."

Jaemin breaks out into a soft smile, immediately caressing the omega's stomach gently out of instinct and felt something making him furrow his eyebrows again in confusion.