𖠌 Chapter Seven

Jaemin stood at the entrance of the kitchen doorway as he looks at his personal driver, daughter and newly bought maid that were also in the room.

"Uh nothing sir," Doyoung said clearing his throat while rubbing the back of the omega who was clinging onto his arm basically having a panic attack. "Good morning," he greeted.

"Daddy!" Natalia squealed running towards her father as Jaemin picks her small body up in his arms pecking her forehead.

"Good morning pumpkin," the pink haired said carrying the little girl back towards the other two people in the room. "Now why is the omega clinging on to you?" He asked.

Doyoung scoffed, "he has a name sir," he said quite upset finding it rude at how his boss just ignored calling his own maid by his given birth name.

Jaemin rolled his eyes, "why is Jeno clinging on to your arm?" He rephrased and emphasized the maid's name as he places Natalia on the chair at the nearby dining table.

The beta sighed, "he just haven't finished making breakfast yet and since you're already here, he thought he was in trouble." He explained briefly.

"Well in that case, he is," the alpha said nonchalantly making Jeno panic even more.

"What? But sir, he didn't do anything wrong!" Doyoung protests while tightening his grip around Jeno's shoulders to calm the younger down.

Jaemin sighed, "look, I'm all set to go to work and went down here to expect already prepared food on the table yet saw none. I'm going to be late," he said.

Doyoung huffed and was about to say something until a tug on Jaemin's suit was felt, the alpha looks down to see his daughter pouting at him.

"Don't leave yet daddy, puppy is still teaching me how to make pancakes!" She said whining not really knowing about the situation in hand.

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows, "puppy?" He asked confused. Who's puppy?

Natalia nodded and pointed at Jeno who was biting his nails in anxiousness trying to calm himself down, he can't be fired on his first day! That's a disaster!

"I call Mr. Jeno puppy," Natalia smiled walking over to the omega and hugged him. "Because he's so cute!" She giggled.

Jeno blushed and caressed the little girl's long hair feeling a little bit calmer than before while Doyoung was beside him as if he was backup.

"Sorry darling, but daddy and mommy have to go do work," Jaemin said crouching down to Natalia's eye level and rubbed her shoulder.

"But you always go to work! Please stay for breakfast with us daddy!" Natalia pleader her pout even more out and her eyes started to glisten with tears.

Jeno pursed his lips, afraid to say anything as he was used to being silent all the time whenever something is going on or if he wasn't asked to speak.

Utter a word especially if it's a complaint, you're in big trouble.

After a moment of silence, Jaemin sighed deeply before shaking his head. "I'm sorry honey, mommy and daddy really have to go," he said glancing at his watch.

The sound of footsteps were heard and the clicking of heels. "Honey! Let's go!" Heejin called from the foyer waiting for her husband.

Jaemin pursed his lip as Natalia started crying, her dad embraces her in his arms tightly muttering a few apologies and kissing her head.

"Your mommy and I will just buy food outside okay? We have to go now, be good with Jeno alright?" The pink haired alpha said wiping the tears away from his daughter's cheeks.

Natalia just sulked and nodded reluctantly without saying anything making her father sigh as he stood up. She grips onto Jeno's pants feeling upset in the morning even though she was perfectly in a bubbly mood earlier.

"Take care of her, this is your first day. I'm letting you pass this time," Jaemin said sternly looking at the omega who was baffled.

Nonetheless, Jeno nodded not wanting to cause or upset Jaemin even more. It's not like he has the guts to anyway. "Y-yes Mr. Na," he squeaked unconsciously picking at his thumb and index finger.

The alpha ignored his tone of voice before glancing at his watch on his wrist, "gosh," he mumbled seeing the time. He sighed and beckons Doyoung to follow.

"Jaemin! Hurry up, I have a meeting!" Heejin calls again getting impatient at her husband who was dealing with a normal situation in the kitchen.

"Yes darling! In a second!" The alpha replied with his voice raised up yet husky and low making it sound intimidating and powerful.

His tone of voice made Jeno flinched as he thought he was in trouble, he unconsciously shrinks a little bit as he tugged on his own sleeve of his sweater.

Doyoung noticed and patted his head, "it's okay, you're fine alright? You're not in trouble and certainly not getting any hits."

In all honesty, the beta didn't know what he was saying, considering the fact that Jeno hasn't shared his story yet. But this was just out of instinct seeing the omega's terrified state, a lucky guess if you will.

He has some assumptions but wouldn't dare to say it out loud since it's disrespectful and Jeno would be uncomfortable with it. He'll just have to wait anyways.

Jaemin didn't notice that his tone of voice may have caused a trigger point on Jeno as he saw the omega looking like he wanted to hide or something.

He rolled his eyes finding the action pathetic and weak, he ignores it and walks over towards the omega resulting a whimper from the brunet.

Jeno shuts his eyes expecting a scold or a rough hand landing on his body harshly from his behavior. But then opens them back up slowly to see Jaemin crouching down to Natalia.

"See you after work pumpkin," the alpha smiled lightly almost frowning when Natalia just sulked and looked away. He sighed softly but pecked her forehead anyway.

"Let's go," he said to Doyoung before heading out the kitchen first towards the foyer meeting his wife who was on a call from one of her colleagues.

Doyoung stayed a bit and whispers in to Jeno's ear, "Jaehyun is coming over to help you with the English language today. You won't be here alone, he can also help you a bit with Talia hm?" He said.

The omega nodded smiling a little as they both shared a hug, "good luck, see you later Jen." Doyoung said pulling away.

The beta leaves the room and follows the married couple out of the house before driving them to their work place.

Jeno looks around and exhales, he crouches down seeing Natalia pouting still looking upset while her arms were crossed. "Hey bub? Do you still want to help me make pancakes?" He asked lightly.

Natalia's mood changed in a split second and beams at the brunet, "yeah!" nodding her head in excitement as Jeno picks her up placing her on the island earning a squeal.