𖠌 Chapter Thirty

"Jaem?" The omega calls out softly with a knock on the already opened door to Jaemin's office.

His call was thankfully heard as the pure alpha inside sitting on his chair reading a newspaper looks up with smile, "pretty." He calls back.

The nickname made Jeno's cheeks turn pink easily, making his stomach flutter like always as he shifts a bit to his side, now leaning against the door.

"Do you need anything? Come here," Jaemin beckons folding the newspaper neatly and placing it on his desk.

The brunet enters the room and walks over to the pure alpha, blushing even more when the elder pulls him onto his lap and pecking his temple. "Where's Natalia?" He asked first.

Jeno hummed now getting himself comfortable on the pure alpha's lap while playing with his fingers, "she fell asleep on the couch watching some cartoon shows, I tucked her in bed upstairs." He answered.

It was only somewhere around 3 to 4 in the afternoon, Natalia was keeping herself busy by watching TV as Jeno was doing some household chores quickly before Heejin barges in.

Although, pretty sure she's basically not living here most of the time now since she's disappearing to places often.

"I was wondering," he paused glancing up to the elder and gulped nervously. "What did you meant about... What you said last time? You know, when you said you'll tell me about it some other time."

A moment of silence after his question made him feel anxious, it's not that he's afraid of Jaemin, but he's afraid he might have triggered something.

However, it seems like Jaemin knew what was going through his lil mind especially the way his pheromones shows a bit of fear while he chewed on his lower lip.

Taking a deep exhale, Jaemin brushes some of Jeno's bangs away from his face with his gaze showing... Nothing. Not because of Jeno, but because he wasn't bothered about what he's about to say.

"Heejin and I were already broken since after two years of being married. Our connection broke, as I said before when we talked about her and I." He said.

"But what I meant that day was... Heejin probably wouldn't be bothered by our relationship. Because she cheated on me first and still is, it's been going around since Natalia turned 3, Natalia knows." He stated.

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows at his words, is this what Doyoung was mumbling about too? Why Jaehyun also seemed unbothered? Another reason Natalia wasn't scared?

They all knew Heejin cheated, manipulated, doing some illegal business under Jaemin's name, and all that, for years. All they needed was evidence and the right moment.

"Then... Why are we... Hiding, still?" He asked hesitantly as he grabbed Jaemin's free hand and played with the elder's fingers this time.

Heejin already knows about their relationship, they're not that subtle about it that much anymore. Hence why she's more bitchier these days.

The pink haired boy chuckled to lighten up the mood, "she's not bothered by our relationship, but more of how it'll get rid of her in a way." He said.

"She assumes that once we take things more seriously and official, which we already are," he winked playfully making the omega giggle. "You'd replace her, take things away from her, blah blah blah shit like that."

"But... I'm not–"

"Planning on anything as cruel as those things because that's not how you are. Yes, I know, pretty." Jaemin cuts off with a smile.

His smile faltered a bit before mumbling, "I'm just anxious on what she's capable of doing to you once she finds out about our engagement." Sighing at the end.

Jeno blinked and looks down to see Jaemin fumbling on the engagement ring on his finger, smiling softly before lacing their fingers together.

"You'll protect me though, right alpha?" He looks back up with a smile of his own to ease the elder.

The pink haired boy grins and lifts their entwined hands towards his lips, kissing the omega's knuckles while keeping his gaze locked with Jeno's.

"It's my duty to protect you with all my heart, pretty." He replied and leans in to kiss Jeno on the forehead gently.

The brunet hums and leans down towards Jaemin's neck, sniffing him again with the very strong pheromones of the pure alpha making him purr like a cat.

Jaemin leads his hand on Jeno's stomach, feeling the small kicks here and there from the inside making him smile proudly. "Seems like someone is too excited to come out early."

Jeno hums again, blinking his eyes open to glance down with a giggle. "Baby has been extra feisty too, bothering papa when asleep at night." He jokes.

"Well, I'm hoping the baby isn't bothering papa too much. Papa needs rest too." Jaemin couldn't help but say.

The brunet sighed with a fond smile, kissing the elder's jaw two times. "I'm sure papa is doing just fine. Baby is just trying to communicate." He said.

Caressing the baby bump almost as a habit, the pure alpha pursed his lips. "But I'd really like for you to rest and not overwork yourself, okay? It's not healthy for the both of you."

Jeno rolled his eyes playfully, "I'm taking naps here and there. It's a normal thing when being pregnant, atleast from what I've read when I was still homeschooling."

"Take more rest then, like actual sleep." Jaemin scolded lightly pinching Jeno's nose lovingly.

The omega huffed, "yes, alpha." He mumbled and leans his head back down on the elder's shoulders.

"When's your next checkup? I told you I can still come along with you instead of Mark or Doyoung." The pink haired boy groans.

"I think tomorrow or this weekend, but don't fret about it, Jaeminnie. You still have business to end soon." Jeno said referring to the pure alpha and his wife's court and divorce situation.

"How's that going by the way?" He tilts his head to look up from Jaemin's shoulder.

The elder shrugged lightly, careful not to disturb Jeno's comfort on him. "Renjun's trying his best to defend on my behalf. His damn boyfriend, Donghyuck, however is fucking annoying." He grumbled.

His words made Jeno laugh in delight, happy to see his alpha isn't as stressed as before. He really has high hopes for the elder.

𖠌

Lol I got new glasses, surprisingly early, but my grades on my lenses or whatever increased 👁️👄👁️

Astigmatism do be like that :')