𖠌 Chapter Six

Jeno wakes up from his alarm clock as he toss and turns until he has the energy to sit up, he yawns and stretches his arms before grabbing his glasses.

He looks at the time and sighs realizing he has so much to do for his first day, it's 6:43 am and he has to cook breakfast for the family of three he works for prior to Jaemin and his wife, Heejin, wakes up.

The omega has spent the rest of his day yesterday to study a few basic english words with Doyoung, and luckily he was a fast learner which made the elder surprised but nonetheless praised him for it.

He quickly stands up and arranges his bed before going to his suitcase to grab some clothes for him to wear today, soon after that he goes straight to the bathroom to get ready.

Once he finishes putting on his contact lenses, he tucks his broken phone into his pocket before leaving to head over to Natalia's bedroom.

He knocks softly on the hard wooden white door as he also checks the clock to see if he has any more time to cook breakfast or else he'd get in trouble on his first day.

When no answer was heard, he shrugs his shoulders before twisting the doorknob and pushing the door open slowly to enter the cold dark bedroom.

He finds the remote control for the air conditioner and presses a button to turn the machine off and opens the curtains.

He chuckled when a whine was heard from underneath the huge duvet and walks towards the bed as he turns off the lamp.

"Talia," he calls softly shaking on what he guesses was the little girl's torso. Another whine replied as he laughed, "Natalia sweetie, wake up."

The brunet pulls the duvet down to see Natalia's messy hair and puffy morning face with the little girl still trying to sleep.

"Natalia, it's time to wake up sweetie," Jeno whispered brushing the strands of hair off of the sleeping toddler's face.

Natalia whines before stretching her arms and legs as she pouts, "too tired," she drawls not even bothered when her babysitter was pulling the duvet off of her.

"Well, you can take a nap later darling, I don't want you to skip breakfast," the elder said already grabbing clothes for Natalia to wear for the day.

Natalia clearly wasn't a morning person judging on her frowned face and sleepy state. The little girl's legs were already off the side of the bed yet she still manages to feel comfortable with it.

"Come on Talia, rise and shine," The omega said with a gentle tone. Even though he doesn't really interact with other people much considering of how he was basically kept hostage in his own house, he still knows a few things.

Although Natalia wasn't cooperating or following him, she's still a kid. Jeno knows that, so therefore he doesn't raise his voice or order the child around as if she was some puppet.

The omega then decides to pick her up and carry her to the bathroom before placing her on the sink and starts the water in the bathtub.

"Hey Talia?" He calls earning a hum from the little girl who was yawning and rubbing her eyes trying to wake up. "Do you wanna make pancakes with me?" He asked.

Suddenly, as if it was magic, Natalia jolts up and beams at his words, "pancakes? Yes please!" She exclaimed before letting Jeno help her get in the bathtub.

She then suddenly gasps, "Mr. Jeno! You can speak English!" She squealed while the elder was rubbing body wash on her.

Jeno smiled with his eyes crinkling into moons, "I've learned a few words yesterday with Doyoung, I'm still learning okay?" He said making Natalia giggle.

The little girl then looks up as the elder omega was putting on her shoes, "Mr. Jeno?" She called earning a hum. "Can I call you puppy?" She asked.

Jeno looks up a little flustered at the name before beaming, "anything you're comfortable with darling, go ahead." He insisted making Natalia grin in happiness.

The duo soon heads out of Natalia's bedroom and heads downstairs to the kitchen as Jeno finds an apron to put it on, he then grabs all the ingredients and stuff he needed to make pancakes with.

Natalia follows him around as she places her small hands on the island to watch what Jeno was doing, "what can I help puppy?" She asked.

The nickname still made Jeno a little flustered and shy but nonetheless he also felt flattered that Natalia was comfortable of him enough to even give him a nickname.

"Do you wanna learn how to put eggs on?" He asked earning an excited nod from the toddler. He smiled and picks her up to place her besides the bowl on the island.

"Be careful with eggs okay Talia? They are fragile and will break easily. If they do, then they will make you messy again." He said with a lisp trying his best to pronounce each word.

Natalia nods at his lisp words listening carefully and trying her best to understand what he's saying since the omega was still learning their language and his words were a bit mixed up.

Doyoung emerges from the foyer and greets them with his bunny like smile, "good morning darlings!" He said and gives them both a hug.

"Good morning hyung," Jeno greets back as he washes his and Natalia's hands first.

"What does 'hyung' mean puppy?" Natalia asked in pure curiosity looking at her babysitter and her dad's personal driver.

"'Hyung' in korean means big brother Talia," Doyoung explains it for her as he looks at the stuff on the table. "Oh? Are you making pancakes today?" He asked.

Jeno nodded glancing at the time, "gosh," he murmured to himself realizing a lot of time has passed by and he starts to freak out.

"What's wrong?" Doyoung asked looking at the omega's changed face as he begins to panic while looking around with his pheromones showing off a scent indicating he's scared rather than nervous.

The beta pats the boy's back as he tries to calm him down, "is everything alright?" He asked while Natalia was just pouting not liking the image of her babysitter looking scared all of a sudden.

"It's 7:26 am," Jeno breathes out placing his palm on his forehead trying to calm himself down. "Mr. Na is going to be here in–"

"What's happening here?" A voice called making Jeno tense up even more especially from the really strong scent in the kitchen and he clings onto Doyoung's arm, afraid.