Are you really that thick that you need me to repeat myself?

Sebastian had just finished a fight and was talking to a couple of people so I chatted away happily with Sean about this new girl he was seeing.

"Hey," Sebastian came up from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me into the air.

"Bash!" I squealed loudly, causing everyone in a kilometre's radius to stare at us. "Put me down!"

"Sorry," He apologised insincerely before swinging an arm around Sean's and mine's shoulders. "Shall we head off?"

"I'm going out with Kate tonight actually, so I've got to go," Sean shrugged Sebastian's arm off him and went to give me a hug.

"Hey, Bash, did you know Sean has a woman in his life now? Have you met her?" I turned to him with a cheeky grin, brought on by Sean's embarrassed blush.

"No, I did not know," He raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"It's only been a short while..."

"Well, we better be meeting her as soon as possible." I stated, crossing my arms to enforce my demand.

"As if I would let you." Sean smirked at me before waving goodbye and leaving.

"So, how was I?" Sebastian dragged me through the crowd, towards the exit.

"I mean, I'm not an expert, but I think you did well," I shrugged, keeping my body close to his and away from the pushy people.

"That's good enough for me then," A proper, genuine smile spread across Sebastian's face and I couldn't stop a replica appearing on mine.

That was quickly erased as soon as I saw him.

"Why, hello there, Alexa. I had a feeling I'd see you here," Josh's repulsive voice spoke as he came towards us in the near empty carpark. Sebastian froze on the spot, even though I tried to pull him away.

"What do you want?" I spat, realising I wasn't going to be able to ignore him. Josh and two other guys stopped in front of me with dangerous glints in their eyes.

"That's no way to talk to a friend, is it babe?" He raised an eyebrow. Sebastian half turned away from him, grabbing onto my forearm, clearly angry.

"I wouldn't be your friend even if you were the last person on earth." Whilst I spoke, I noticed that Sebastian had begun furiously snapping his elastic band against his wrist. A red line was already beginning to appear.

"Look, Josh, I think it would be best if you left." I tried keeping my voice level and strong but I couldn't stop the irritation from seeping in.

"Do you now? How sweet," Josh chuckled. "But, unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Because you fucked shit up with Brandon and I need to make sure that nothing about the two of us will be coming out any time in the future, okay babe?"

"Call her babe one more time and I swear you'll have a broken nose in the next few minutes." Sebastian spoke up for the first time, the tone of his voice deadly. Josh took Sebastian's reaction to mean something other than protective.

"Oh, is someone a little jealous?" Josh grinned whilst Sebastian's grip on my arm tightened and his body became rigid. "Or maybe you don't want her to end up like that other girl Brandon had..."

Josh was overstepping the line now.

"Bash, look at me." I ignored Josh and turned Sebastian to face me. Including Lily in this conversation had brought his anger to a whole new level. The elastic band gave up on itself and snapped completely, falling to the floor. I tried to tug Sebastian away but he was frozen still and much too heavy for me to move. "Don't listen to what he's saying. You know none of it is true."