I suppose I'll have to kiss you.

Three hours later and all thoughts of Sebastian were out of my mind as I walked down the stairs to greet Brandon. Luckily my brother wasn't around or that could make for yet another awkward encounter. Did Thomas ever have non-awkward encounters with my friends? Probably not.

"Hey," I smiled as I stepped out my door and followed Brandon to his car.

"Hi, glad you could make it tonight after all." He had a teasing glint in his eye as he greeted me.

"Once again, I'm so sorry about that! You know boys and how jealous they can get," I laughed.

"Well, over a girl like you it's impossible not to." Brandon shrugged with a small smile. And with that, my face lit up and did not die down for a very long time.

*

"I think I've fallen in love with this pasta." I declared proudly halfway through dinner.

"It's that good?" Brandon raised an eyebrow.

"Definitely. You're currently my favourite person in the world for introducing me to it," I grinned happily, taking another bite.

"Only currently? I'm devastated, Alexa." He shook his head in feigned sadness.

"Yeah, you have to fight for a permanent position, sorry." I leant over and patted his shoulder sympathetically.

"Luckily I'm a boxer then, huh?"

"Ah but I've been brushing up on my skills so it won't be as easy as you think," Okay, I will admit that Brandon would beat me in three seconds flat if we ever boxed against each other.

"Have you now? I guess it's time for you to take it professionally then," He smirked.

"Oh definitely." I replied with a smug look on my face.

Brandon was about to continue the conversation when we were rudely interrupted by Victoria Withers practically shoving her breasts into his face whilst cooing at me.

"Lexie, I can't believe it, what are you doing here?"

"Hi Victoria," I rolled my eyes. It was no coincidence that she had decided to talk to me.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to this handsome man you're stealing for yourself?" She shot me a quick glare to make sure I did just that.

"Victoria, Brandon. Brandon, Victoria. Now that you're acquainted, can we please resume our date alone?" I introduced them in a monotone voice, hoping that Brandon would understand how much I didn't want her to be here.

"Uh, hello..." Brandon mumbled, clearly uncomfortable at her close proximity.

"Brandon Flemming, right? The boxer? I can't believe I finally get to meet you!" Victoria half-squealed, despite knowing exactly who he was before she walked over here. She leant forward a little further, placing her hand on Brandon's bicep.

"Um, yeah, I box," Poor boy was desperately trying to move away subtly.

"Victoria? Can I talk to you in the bathroom for a minute please?" I asked with false sweetness, standing up.

"Sure Lexie," She begrudgingly got up, smiling at Brandon as we left.

"What do you want?" Victoria snapped the second we were out of earshot from Brandon.