You're an awful liar, you know that right?

"School is destroying my will to live. I know we only have one more year left but I don't know if I can do it." I dropped my head onto Aiden's shoulders, sighing loudly in the middle of biology.

"I believe in you," He chuckled softly in reply.

"Well I don't." I scoffed, fiddling with my pen instead of doing any work. "The only thing I'm currently living for is my date with Brandon in an hour."

"Brandon?" The other girl, Anna, that sat with us during biology perked her ears up.

"Yeah, Brandon Flemming," I nodded.

"Wait, like the boxer?" She frowned, looking confused.

"Um, yeah. Do you know him?"

"I've heard of him, apparently he's amazing." Anna smiled widely, "And you have a date with Brandon Flemming?!"

"Of course Alexa doesn't." A snide voice interrupted our conversation and I glanced up to see Victoria Withers glaring down at me with a couple of sheets in her hand.

"Actually Alexa does." Aiden spoke before I could, an uninterested look on his face.

"There's no way that Brandon Flemming would go out with you," She sneered.

"Well seeing as this would be our third date, yes way." God, I hated Victoria. She was the kind of person who had her nose in everyone's business and was basically a bitch. Boys never seemed to see that side of her though.

"He's probably been tricked into thinking that you're someone he would go out with."

"Maybe," I shrugged casually, "but I'm not complaining and currently, neither is he." The bell rang and I smiled sweetly at Victoria, "Oh, and there's your cue to leave."

"Whatever." She threw the papers down on our desks and stormed off.

"Always a fun person to be around," Aiden joked as we packed up.

*

"Hey," I walked into the boxing gym, spotting Brandon by the vending machine.

"Hi! You ready?" He grinned back at me, gesturing towards the corner of the room.

"Uh, not too sure about that..." I gave him a weak smile and put down my belongings, staring at the punching bag in apprehension.

"You'll be fine, Alexa." Brandon reassured me, tossing some gloves my way.

"I'll be shit, Brandon." I mocked back, using the same tone of voice.

"Oh shut up and punch!" He laughed, bumping my shoulder.

After 15 minutes or so, I was kind of getting the hang of it.

And I spoke too soon.

My fist swung upwards at the punching bag, hitting at an awkward angle and sending a lightning bolt of pain down through my wrist.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Brandon pulled off his gloves and tenderly lifted my arm up for him to inspect.

"Yeah," I winced slightly as he touched it, "I'll be fine."

"You're an awful liar, you know that right?" Brandon let out a small chuckle as he let my wrist go.

"I'm clearly an awful boxer as well," I muttered under my breath.

"Not true. You were going for an uppercut but you must have misjudged or something, that's all." Brandon slowly showed the move, gently lifting my chin upwards so I locked eyes with him.

"Well, maybe I need a better teacher then," I teased as Brandon moved closer.

"Hurtful." He whispered, now only millimetres away from my lips, his hot and uneven breath fanning over me.

"What can I do to make it up to you then?" I raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly what he was doing. After what seemed like forever, he mumbled,

"This," and pressed his lips against mine.

Kissing Brandon was spectacular. His hands snuck their way around my waist, pulling me closer to him and causing my heart rate to speed up. Expertly, he deepened the kiss and I automatically lifted my arms to wrap behind his neck. I desperately wanted to run my hands through his hair but my stupid boxing gloves were making that impossible. I tried to tug them off but they were strapped on tightly and I had no clue how to remove them easily. Eventually, my struggle with the gloves must have caught Brandon's attention because he broke away and stared at me curiously.

"I can't get them off," I bit my lip sheepishly, holding up my hands.

"Just as well, this isn't exactly the best place to be making out," Brandon laughed and gently helped me out of the gloves. He must have noticed my flinching because he looked at me worriedly, "How bad is your wrist, Alexa?"

"It's nothing," I waved him off but I knew it'd be in a bandage by tonight.

"Like I said, terrible liar." 

"Shh," I placed a finger to my lips, pretending that was he was saying was completely incorrect. "Do you mind if we go though?"

"I thought you weren't hurt?" Brandon gave me an amused look.

"I'm not... It's just I'm tired that's all."

"Oh, really? Better get you home so you can have a nap then," He laughed lightly and placed his hand on the small of my back, guiding me out.

"You know, this is our first date where Sebastian hasn't rudely interrupted us," Brandon commented as we headed towards our cars.

"It's hopefully the first of many." I replied, smiling up at him.

—-

I hate this chapter so much (it's short and shitty) but I guess every story has some sort of filler chapter. Sorry that it's not great.