Choices

We soon headed back to the headquarters and had a cup of tea. It was still a mystery who killed Sawney and Beane. Apparently, the person who killed them used ODM gear and got away before the guards could see them, so all the cadets had to have a gear check. Sadly, no ones gear was used at that time.

"Hey Eren! (y/n)! Is there anyone from the cadets that think of joining us?!" Gunther asks. We both look at each other and mentally make up a plan.

"Yes! The whole bunch of them want to join!" Eren says. I play along with the plan.

"They said they are so excited to see the Levi Squad so be prepared!" I take a sip from my cup and grin.

We could just see the expression on their faces that they didn't know whether to believe us or not.

"Are you guys being serious?!" Eld asks.

"No. Don't worry." I say making them sigh a breath of relief.

"We have no idea who has changed their minds and who have not, but there are." Eren says.

We suddenly hear a horse come towards us and stop. We look behind us and see Levi on his horse.

"Make ready at once! We're going on patrol!" He tells Eld and Gunther as they salute him.

"Yes sir!" They say.

Me and Eren run up to them and salute too. "Good morning, Captain!" We both say.

"Listen, Eren. Don't fall behind more than two lengths behind. You're only allowed to wander around because I'm watching you. Keep that in mind." Levi tells him.

"Yes sir!" He replies.

"(Y/n). Don't get out of Eld and Gunther's sight. Stay behind me and in-front of them. Understood?" He asks.

"Yes Sir!" I reply.

"Let's go!"

We mount our horses and follow Levi away from the Headquarters. We ride to a field not too far away and introduce me and Eren to different parts of the formation.

"Our special operation squad will be positioned here, on standby in the rear of the centre rank." Gunther explains.

"That's pretty far back." Eren says.

"It's the safest position in the formation, am I right?" I say.

"You are indeed correct. Not even the supply wagons get this level of treatment." Gunther answers.

"Our goal this time is simply to leave and come back. This expedition is meant to be short, as it's also a test run to see if we can get you to Shiganshina or not."

"I still don't fully know what to do with my ability yet.." Eren says.

"Do you guys understand what the Commander asked you back then?" Eld asks.

--flashback--

"What do you think the enemy is?"

--end--

"Do any of you know what he meant?" Eren asks us.

I put my fingers to my chin an think. "he said 'what'.. does that refer to the titans? Or something else?" I think to myself.

"Are you okay (y/n)? You've been really quiet." I hear Petra ask.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I make an excuse.

"I'd be lying if I said I understood." I hear Oruo say.

"There might be another goal to this mission." Gunther suggests, "but the commander decided it doesn't need to be explained to the soldiers. So we should just focus on going and coming back. We should have faith in the Commander.