Is this how it ends?

I spent most of my time in the 'Paths' where I met Ymir and Aia. I could watch almost everything from there but I had to admit, it was quite boring. I just wanted the day for my life to end to come quicker. And if I were to die, I would've wanted to have died by either my own hands or Levi's.

I sat down in the sand with Ymir as Aia took care of me in the real world. Ymir was making and carving colossal titans out of sand so I just watched.

Eren was away from us and talking to certain friends of his and then erasing their memory of the conversation. Sometimes, I wondered if he ever talked to me in private and erased my memories of it.

All of a sudden, Ymir grunted softly. She held her her chest, where her heart would be, and looked up at me. The sculpture she was making Also fell down and smashed.

"So they finally arrived?" I said to myself. "But who is that reckless to do that?!"

I stood up and helped Ymir up too.

"Take me back to the titan."

The next thing I knew, I was way up above ground. Colossal titans surrounded me. And I could finally talk to Eren.

"They're here if you didn't already tell." It was getting difficult to speak. A lump in my throat would appear as I tried to let out a sound.

"Look in front of you." He told me. So I did.

A figure whizzed across the sky with a trail of smoke behind it. As if it was on fire. But how did someone get up so high? The only answer would be with ODM Gear. I wondered who it could've been.

Then another little dot started to move higher and higher up into the sky. It couldn't have been using ODM Gear since there was nothing to latch onto. It must've been the others escaping somehow.

"So we are just gonna keep going?" I asked.

"We will keep moving forward. I'll take them to the place."

—————————

I watched from afar opposite the tree as Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie, Pieck, Reiner and Levi came into 'The Paths' where I met Ymir. But where was Hange?

They talked amongst themselves, looking around frantically for someone.

"Eren! (Y/n)!" Armin shouted at the top of his lungs. "No one will touch Paradis for centuries anymore! You've done enough damage to show that! Please don't kill more people!"

My heart sank.

"Leave the rest to us!" Jean put his hands around his mouth. "Don't do all this for us!"

What had I done?

"I hate you, Eren, when Sasha died! But you must've felt awful!" Connie announced.

What had I gotten myself into?

"(Y/n)." The black haired boy said. "You didn't write that letter did you? You can't even pick up a pen so tell me why you're doing this."

"I can't stop." A large voice circled around us all. It was Eren. "We can't stop for something that was destined to happen. We will keep going."

I felt a pair of hands relax on my shoulders. "It was free will that led me here." It was a deep, familiar voice of the one who gave me powers.

In the distance, there was a silhouette of a young boy in front of the tree. I didn't make out who it was exactly but it was probably Eren.

"What do you mean you can't?!" Jean shouted.

"Do you not trust us?!" Armin followed on.

"We took the worlds freedom," Eren continued. "To achieve my own. But you have yours - you are free."