Revenge

My squad managed to get some distance between the titan.

"Was this titan like the Colossal and Armoured titan? Was an actual human controlling that thing? No titan has moves like that - not that I know of." I say quietly to myself.

"Hey stop spacing out!" Oruo says to me.

"You can think about whatever thinking later! We need to go further for now." Petra says.

"Yeah, Yeah. Whatever." I respond.

We soon reach a place where we can keep our horses for a bit and tie them up. We use our ODM gear to swing on the branches of the trees.

"Your telling me they didn't tell you what they were planning?" I ask.

"You've been scouts for a while too so I think that's unfair." Eren says.

"Oh my walls you two are so annoying" Oruo says.

"Are you guys trying to tell us that commander and Captain don't fully trust us?!" Petra asks, slightly annoyed.

"N-no we don't!" Eren tries to defend us.

"We are trying to say that you guys at least deserved to know what was going to happen." I say.

"Petra! Knock their heads together! I have had enough of this crap!" Oruo tells Petra.

"Don't. They have a point. The captain must've had a reason for not telling us." Eld defends us.

"Like what?" Gunther asks.

"There is only one solution to that and that is because someone, apart from (y/n) and Eren, can shift into a titan and working as a spy of some sort." Eld explains.

"Are you sure? You sound a bit crazy." Gunther looks concerned.

"I'm not sure if I'm right but only the commander does." Eld continues. "my idea is that only the people who survived five years ago are the only ones to know."

"That's got to be the answer then." Oruo gives in. "Do you get it you two?" he looks at us. "That's what is happening."

"Then in that case, they had no choice. When the wall first fell five years ago, maybe that's how they got inside?" Petra suggests.

"This person probably killed Sawney and Beane too." I say.

"The commander did tell me something after that event.." Petra says.

--

"What do you see here?" someone puts their arms around me and Eren. "What do you think the enemy is?" We both look back to see the commander in-between us.

--

"Is that what he meant?" Eren says.

"We might've been able to join the operation if we knew the answer to that question." Eld says. "I doubt any of us knew."

"I know the answer to that but I decided not to say anything. You know why?" Oluo tries to impress us.

"Why, Oluo?" Petra asks.

"Why would you want to know, huh? You guys are no where near my level of skill."

"Are you seriously trying to copy the Captain?" Petra looks unamused. "He doesn't talk like that anyway you know?"

I take a look at my hands which are still emitting steam, but more than usual. I hide them within my cloak and look in the direction of the titan. I don't like this feeling I am getting.

-----------------

"Shouldn't we get going on our ODM gear now?" I ask impatiently.

"We haven't been given a-" Eld starts to speak until he is interrupted.