Not Over Yet

"It's so soft and... grainy? Is that even a word?" I ask as I kneel on the sand.

"Go to the library when we get back and look it up." Levi says.

Everyone, apart from me, Levi and Hange, were playing in the water. We have never seen anything like this in our lives. It was a whole new world.

"This is awesome!" Hange smiles.

"They are such children for playing around." Levi says bluntly. "Thank the walls there are normal people here like you two." He looks at me and Hange.

Me and Hange were making towers made out of sand and drawing in it too. "We should cover Levi in sand." I suggest.

"Like bury him?" Hange asks.

"Yes! Except we don't bury his head." I answer.

"Never mind. I'm the only normal person here." Levi mutters to himself.

"But before that, let's test out the water!" Hange says in excitement.

I look at the ocean. "I don't think that's safe..."

"Come on! Everyone else is having fun!" Hange grabs my arm. "Let's go!"

We take off our boots and gear and place them away from the water. We then roll up the bottom of our pants so they don't get dirty.

The waves crawl towards us and I climb onto Hange's back which made her wobble a bit. The water overtakes the ground beneath us and then draws away from us again.

"There is nothing wrong with the water, (Y/n). It completely fine!" Hange reassures me.

I hesitantly get off of Hange and place my feet back onto the sand. "If I die, Hange, it is your fault."

"You won't die. Trust me." She tells me.

"I've not heard those words in a long time." I say with a smile. The waves approach us again and the water covers my feet. I have never felt anything like it - it was cold and felt like nothing.

"See. It's not that bad." Hange says.

I start to lose balance but I soon catch myself again. I look over at the horizon and point straight ahead. "Do you know that there are people over there?"

"There could be people anywhere - why are you pointing precisely there?" Hange asks.

"Because that is where our main enemies are. Those are the people that sent people to be turned into titans - they sent eldians." I answer. There is a strong gust of wind that suddenly reaches me and it knocks me over into the water. "Ew! It's salty! It's very salty!" I try and remove all the saltiness from my mouth.

Hange laughs hysterically so I push her over into the water too. "Hey!" she yells.

"Not funny anymore is it?" I cross my arms. "But you should've seen your face." I chuckle.

Me and Hange hear a little laugh from behind us. We both turn around and give Levi a death stare.

"You think it's funny, do you?" I ask.

"We can show you 'funny'." Hange adds.

"Would you like us to do that for you?" I ask.

We both stand up and walk towards him. "I'm definitely the only normal person here. Hey! Get off of me!" He yells at us. We had grabbed both of his arms and we brought him into the water.

"How do you like that, Levi?" I ask with a smirk.

He stays quiet and his hand makes a fist. I lean towards Hange.