♧38

My step father and I haven't had the most stable relationships, don't get me wrong, I don't know him well enough to say he's a criminal, but to me, I will forever know him as the man who was hovering over, not in a protective way, but more of in a danger way, anytime he was around my anxiety would grow to be too much to bear, for whatever reason that was.

But when he first came into my mother's life, she was happy and distracted, distracted from hitting me which was a plus, distracted to remember I was alive, so I suppose I would thank him for that. Whilst he came into my mother's life, his son, my step brother came into mine, though he isn't around much and he didn't stay for a heavy percentage of my life, he was nice.

That being said, I, for whatever reason, hate my step father.

"Isabelle"

"Hi", I replied back, a bit stoic but who cares, the guy I thought I like thought it best to send me out of his life.

Shit hurts.

"Where have you been?"

"Places", I say bluntly, finally moving to the living room, I want to take a shower.

I take this chance to look at his face, and it's as grim as ever, actually the one time I saw him smile was when he was leaving the house with my mother.

My mother.

"Where is she?", he knows who I'm talking about, so with a roll of his eyes he replies,

"Somewhere in the villa, I'm just here to get a few of my things, don't worry I'll be out quite soon, as usual there's money in your account to last you far enough,"

By this part I'm walking up the stairs, and smiling when I hear the shut of the living room door.

Should I be sad?

Noah left, or rather made me leave, but should I be sad?

Jeez, I've never much known how to react to these things?

In the movies, usually in this part, the girl gets kidnapped or in some sort of terrible predicament and the hero saves her apologizing.

No.

I'm not going to think about this, I was wrong I don't like him. His stupidity was contagious and I caught it like the flu, now all I have to do is stay away and that much is easy enough.

Yeah I'm going to take a shower.

_._

I never knew how bored I was with Noah not in my life, wow I'm a boring person.

I'm in school at the moment and, English class to be specific, and after this I have a mentor mentee program with Marcus? Ava's brother. Speaking of which, she invited me over to her house today, I suppose it's going to be fun, but I decided to decline since I already made plans with Alex.

And it's also been a week since that happened and honestly I need the escape.

Alex could be that escape.

Yes his friends were a little bit... weird, he figured I was uncomfortable and wanted to make it up to me, and I of course didn't know how to say no, but it can't be that bad, Alex really is a lovely person, and he's my friend so yeah!

I'm going to hype myself up in my mind until I get excited.

The bells rings and I sigh heading to the student library where we decided on meeting, once entering I keep my head and sit down where I spot, Martin over at. "Hey", I greet as I take the seat right beside him.

"Oh, I thought you'd stop coming for this"

"Thought so too but it seems I can't escape somethings these days",