♧12

Chapter Twelve:

Okay, so Noah is in front of me.

Ace is in front of me.

Raven is in front of me.

No shit! Sherlock!

I know these are facts that are already true, but it's actually very hard to believe that my 'almost murder buddies' are here, in a stupid ball, with me.

Noah awkwardly coughs, adjusting his black tie, fixing his gaze between Ace to Raven.

"Guys" he pauses, sighing deeply. "What is she doing here?"

Ace and Raven shrug their shoulders, not really knowing what to say.

I just stand there awkwardly not really knowing what to do.

I look around scratching the nape of my neck nervously, a habit that I grew over the years.

I sigh inwardly, realizing that this awkward moment is doing nothing but to last a great deal of time.

I turn on my heels, as painful as it may be, and walk away.

I think I hear my name, but I simply shrug it off.

I walk forward, my eyes glued to my phone, my hands swiping left to right to beat this game level.

"Oww, watch it!" I growl under gritted teeth.

He almost made me lose this level.

Never mind I lost it.

And I would have gotten 200 coins.

Fucking moron can't watch his going.

I look up to see a very disappointed, and stern, soul-stealing pair of eyes staring right at me.

Mother.

I sigh deeply as she grabs me by my arm with a strong iron hand grip.

Well,

I'm fucked.

She pulls me along with her very roughly, making sure I feel the burning sensation of her poisonous grip.

I think I'm losing blood.

Huh. I never thought I'd die like this.

My clinically power-driven, hard-headed mother, sucking the blood away from me.

She changes her stern, evil, expression to that of a warm smile.

Why the f-

Oh! Another couple is coming our way.

That explains it.

"Fine evening isn't it, Veronica?" The lady in blue lace, the floral print dress speaks.

"Yes, it really is, divine", she pauses and sighs "I will be right back to chat up with you but I have to take care of a little situation, I will be back before you can say 'We are all Rich' ", she finishes.

The lady and man nod their heads in agreement and smile, strutting away from us.

She quickly maneuvers me and turns around finding a table at the very far end of this huge hall and sits me down very roughly.

I swear if there wasn't such a huge crowd in front of us, she would smack me right here.

"Aria. Isabelle. Sterling" she breathes out through a growl.

I'm about to complain about her calling me with 'Sterling' but she quickly stops me, holding one finger up.

"And don't you dare complain about that name, because I'm pissed enough as it is".