♧43

My heart is pounding as I step into the dark room. The stench of gunpowder and sweat fills my nostrils, and I instinctively reach for the wall to steady myself. That's when a gun is pressed to the back of my head.

For fuck's sake, I just escaped!

From into the fucking frying pan to the fire.

"Don't move," a voice hisses in my ear.

I freeze, my breath catching in my throat. I can feel the cold metal of the gun against my skull, and the fear threatens to overwhelm me.

Yeah, I definitely would not move smart guy. I'm not too keen on the idea of having a bullet through my skull.

I can't stay frozen here. I need to find a way out.

I nod my head slowly. He pulls the gun away from my head and I sigh, using my uninjured hand behind me to feel for any light switches.

It's pitch black here and I can't see shit. My hand finally hits what feels like a switch and I instantly flip it. The room is flooded with blinding light. I blink furiously, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness.

Shit, the light's brighter than I thought it would be, so my instant response is to close my eyes and blink a few times before my eyes adjust to the brightness.

When my eyes finally clear, I see four figures standing in front of me, their guns trained on my head. And there, among them, is Ace.

My heart sinks. How is he here? Is he also working with them?

His face softens when he sees me, "Fuck, drop your gun, Sebastian. It's Aria." he hisses.

I turn around upon hearing Sebastian's name, oh thank God.

"Sebastian" I sigh, my heart calming down from the fear I felt.

Part of me is so relieved that they are safe, even though he almost killed me, but the other part is not relieved because if they're here it means he's really here.

"Why did you guys come here?"

"We heard about the kidnapping," Ace replies. "The only reason they took you is because they're trying to hurt us."

Sebastian chimes in, his voice dripping with anger. "I was really pissed when I found out, fuck we all were. They're trying to use you to get to us."

Not exactly, I contemplate telling them that it's the other way around. My step-father was using me to destroy Noah and by extension all of them.

But I can't, they'd hate me. They would think I was some sort of spy sent to destroy them.

"Where is he?" I question them both referring to Noah.

Ace's expression darkens. "We don't know. He disappeared right after you were taken. We've been trying to find him ever since. We figured he'd be here."

"He's here, I saw it on a video clip." I nod my head affirming to them

I feel a pang of guilt. Noah had tried to protect me, and now he was missing because of it.

"Please let him be safe," I whisper.

"We'll find him," Sebastian says, his voice firm. "But first, we need to get you out of here."

"How!? We are surrounded, I just barely finished escaping from them, they're a lot. Is it only you two that came? Are the rest of the guys here?"

"Kai, Raven, and Aiden came with us but they did not enter the building they are waiting for us in the van. Marcel is waiting by the entrance on standby with a few other guys."