Chapter 34: The Pass

As I walked on the plane, my body practically shaking in nervousness. I couldn't recall I had been around the team like this. I'm sure all of their perceptions of me had changed slightly, I mean how could you look at someone that lost their memory for a month and almost went out with someone they hated, the same?

I followed closely behind Jamie till we got into the plane where familiar faces were all seated getting comfortable for the long flight ahead of his.

"Nic" A voice in a soft hushed tone calls, I turn in the middle of isle to see Tyler and an empty seat next to him.

"I'm suppose to be in back" I whisper to him

"It's okay" he assures me. He pats the seat as a gesture to sit with him. I roll my eyes a bit before opening the compartment above us and putting the tiny luggage in it. After closing it securely I stepped over Tyler and took the window seat.

"Are you excited?" He questions

"Of course, you have my pass for me?" I question, my nerves where getting the best of me because when I glanced down at my hand it was shaking vigorously. Tyler leaned over and dug into the briefcase that was lying at his feet.

"This is it" he mumbled as he checked it back and forth before handing it to me.

"Don't lose it, they won't even let you into the arena without"

"I won't" I bite my bottom lip as I curl my fingers around the laminated press pass that had a black lanyard attached to it. I stuffed it in my pocket of the jacket I was wearing. When the plane took off the nerves calmed down and I sunk into the leather seats of the plane. I blasted music in my ear as I let me eyes close and rest.

Later I could here my name being fatly called and large hands shaking my right arm. "Nic, wake up" the voice whispered softly, continuously calling my name.

"Hmm" I mumbled

"Ugh Nic" I can hear someone groan. I than feel the one arm slide under my back and the other under my legs. Within seconds I was being lifted off the seat.

"What are you doing?" A voice questioned. I could tell it was Jamie, for some reason I didn't want to wake up. I was more than capable of waking up but something made me slump into the arms holding me as my head was pressed up against his chest as I listened to his breathing.

"She looks so at piece I don't want to wake her, can you grab her bag?" He questions to Jamie.

"Yea no problem"

The man continues to walk with me in his arms and I assume he had exited the plane when I felt a gust of cold wind, oh Canada. I shivered, feeling goosebumps breaking out on my arms the man pulled me in closer to the fleece jacket he was wearing. It wasn't long until I was seated somewhere, my head leaning on the mans shoulder. There was a slam and "good to go!" shouted from outside. The bus, that's where I was, on the way to the hotel.

Eventually I began to force myself to awake. Slowly I moved before opening my eyes. I looked to my right to see familiar buildings flying by and when I turned to my right there was Tyler. His thumbs concentrated on his phone. I dug my hands deep into my pockets, my fingers curling around the press pass that was still there.

"How did I get here?" I mumbled, still tired from my nap.

"I carried you here" Tyler responded quickly "I'm sorry if-"

"No no it's fine" I bite down on my bottom lip. "It was very nice of you" I say as I pat his knee before taking the hoodie that had been rolled up and handing it back to him. It hadn't taken long before we arrived at the hotel. The guys emptied the bus rather quickly, collecting their room passes on the way out. I was handed mine, placing it in the same pocket as the press pocket I went to collect my luggage under the bus. There was a lot of shoving as I attempted to pull it out from the larger suit cases. One final yank and the luggage came loose sending me flying back where I was stopped from falling.
"Ugh" I mumbled as I stood up, dusting off my pants. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and picking the luggage up I saw Jamie smiling.

"Nic you need to be a little more careful, I can't catch you all the time" he teased

"I'm not laughing" I say sarcastically. I quickly headed into the hotel away from the guys that would be getting ready to have lunch. My room was on the third floor and taking the elevator wasn't an option with the many people that happened to be crowding it. I rolled my eyes in frustration and looking to my left I could see the stair case. I had no other option. I picked the luggage up and began to walk up the three flights of stairs until I finally reached my floor. When I got into the room I dropped everything. Leaving the luggage at the door and my jacket on the desk I almost flopped right into the bed until I realized that it looked slept in. The sheets a mere mess and the curtain to the large window half open. On the night stand a bag of peanuts half opened laid there. I walked into the bathroom to splash cold water on my face until I found a few unpleasant things in there to. The towels were unfolded and the shampoo bottle emptied along with no toilet paper.

"Just my luck" I cried out. I sat at the edge of the bed and quickly punched the loby's number into the phone. I explained the problem with them and they sent someone up to bring my stuff to the new room. Once I got that settled it was time to head to the arena for the game against the Canadians. I grabbed my duffle bag and jacket before leaving the team and meeting them downstairs on the bus. 

"Saved you a seat!" Jamie called out as I stepped onto the bus. I squeezed passed jordie in the isle than climbed over Jamie to take a seat next to him. "Good to be back?" he questioned. I smiled at him and nodded, I had to admit I was over whelmed with joy. I found myself grinning uncontrollably as I watch the buildings go by. When we reached the arena it was all to familer. The guys had their headphones in as we began to enter the arena. Some sipped their coffees, the same coffee they had before every game. It was the same line order as we walked in, everyone knew their place. Jamie hugged me quickly and finished it with a fist bump like we always did before parting ways before a game. I headed my own way to the press box when I was stopped in the hallway. I rather tall bald man demanded to see the press pass.

"I have it" I mumble as I attempt to dig into the jacket pocket along with the other things in my hand. As I dig my hand into the pocket I don't feel anything. With nervousness I look at the man before turning the jacket over and digging into the other pocket. I felt a sigh of relief as my hand felt a plastic.  I pulled it out and showed it to the man with a smile of relief. 

"Ma'am I can't take a room pass" 

"What are you-" I than realized that it wasnt the press pass in my hand.